PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a Senior Simulation Engineer you will work on our client’s state of the art distributed physics engine which is capable of computing the complex motion of thousands of parts due to the effects of collisions, mechanical joints, explosions, flying projectiles, vehicles, and interactions with avatars. By applying industry-leading algorithms and methods, you will build and deliver the tools that let developers create amazing games, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR.
Currently, we are building a team to work onsite in Vancouver.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop Physics engine code that helps build realistic, immersive motion into games on the client’s platform
• Research cutting edge concepts and unique solutions to deliver new functionality
• Select the right balance of performance and fidelity to achieve the best outcome for each use case
• Carry the torch for the future of Physics simulation in user-generated games
• Self-organize and take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experienced in physics development: At least 4 years of working with physics or motion simulation for interactive environments, perhaps in a gaming environment.
• Fluent in dynamics/3D motion simulation: You understand motion simulation concepts, including rigid body spatial representation, collision detection, mechanical joints, equations of motion and 3D vector math.
• Strong in C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are your everyday tools to write high-performance code.
• Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects that keep working once they’re done.
• Eager to learn: Able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t always possible.
• A leader: Comfortable in defining and championing a plan to improve Physics capabilities over time, and marshal others to your cause.
• Engine/platform oriented: You might have helped develop a game engine from scratch or done other similar projects.
• Resource minded: You have probably worked in alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices.
• At least intermediate English (oral & written) and communication skills in general
• Rigor in high code quality and other engineering best practices
• Ability to learn quickly
• Experience working in Agile environment
• Friendly and highly professional teams
• Modern office facilities (kitchens, gym, yoga, playroom, coffee and tea points etc.)
• Regular (twice a year) performance reviews
• Fully paid English classes with certified teachers and native speakers
• Internal and external training
• Paid sick-leaves
• Premium health insurance (medication, massage, and doctor in the office etc.)
• 20 working days of annual paid vacation
• Christmas and other state holidays
• Corporate events (corporate parties, sports competitions, What? Where? When? Team etc.)
• Incentives (marriage, childbirth gifts)