Our client is a global company focusing on courier food delivery. The industry has got a great boost during pandemics and client’s organisation is a well-funded startup with a global presence.
Our team would be working both on backend and frontend of mobile applications connecting millions of clients with thousands of couriers and restaurants owning a whole part of functionality.
Giving an impression on team’s tech stack,
— Backend is Scala with Postgres, Redis and Kafka. With the backend services typical stack is http4s + fs2 + cats effect + doobie + quill. Some of old services might use Slick and Play Framework
— Frontend is React native — based and both major platforms are in the focus.
Most of client’s engineering organisation is in Europe, thus no late meetings.
Nice bonus: you might see couriers with your client’s logo on the streets and even order food using the app you’ve been developing while traveling! Very likely to have them soon in Ukraine too :)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
You will be covering the mobile part of the product working as a part of a full-stack team (having both Scala and React Native experts) responsible for end-to-end functionality.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a high-quality technical solution for the customer
• Research and evaluate technical options to implement business requirements
• Discover and adhere to best practices and technical standards. Be an advocate of code quality and standardization
• Take ownership for team effort by holding colleagues accountable with peer review and seeking peer review for own code
• Be proactive in providing excellent test coverage for your code changes
• Summarize technical solution in project documentation
• Conducts technical interviews of new candidates.
• If required, makes himself available for customer visits and on-site collaboration.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· 3+ years building mobile apps, ideally in a startup. Experience working on background jobs, geolocation both on Android and Apple platforms
· Experience with Typescript
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
Would be a plus:
· Native mobile development experience
· Experience with Scala