Purpose of the job:
Our customer takes the leading position in advanced data. We are looking for Senior BigData Engineer who will be part of Feature Team for project that pertains to the marketing and sales domain. The goal of the project is building brand new solution that will help apparel and department store retailers optimally plan and execute prices & promotions through a season.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, develop, deliver and operate scalable, high-performance data processing software.
• Work proactively on the system architecture.
• Ensure high quality development standards (unit/integration tests, etc.)
• Collaboration with the product management team to incorporate the needs of our customers.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years with BigData technologies and tools.
• 3+ years of Python development experience (Python, Pyspark)
• Strong hands-on experience with Spark
• Handling scalability issues, pipeline/cluster optimization
• Experience with Azure
• Good English (oral & written) and communication skills in general
WOULD BE A PLUS:
• Azure Databricks
• DevOps experience for Big Data solutions.