PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Customer is a service-first CRM company that builds support, sales, and customer engagement software designed to foster better customer relationships. From large enterprises to start-ups, we believe that powerful, innovative customer experience should be within reach for every company, no matter the size, industry or ambition. It serves more than 150,000 customers across hundreds of industries in over 30 languages. It is headquartered in San Francisco and operates offices worldwide.
We are looking for a well-rounded Ruby/RoR engineer with experience building, integrating and designing complex solutions. Come help us build a beautifully simple and secure purchasing experience across the family of products.
You’ll be working with a talented team of dedicated engineers, product managers and designers in all phases of the product development process. If you love building web applications that display and perform beautifully across browsers and devices, are proud of the maintainable code that you produce, are passionate about learning while also helping others learn.
We’re looking for the flexible engineers who can easily switch between the context and areas of development.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work according to established processes while tightly collaborating with the stakeholders.
• Take part in requirements analysis, tasks planning, estimation, coding and troubleshooting.
• Suggest technical and functional improvements to add value to the product.
• Research and evaluate technical options to implement business requirements.
• Building billing components leveraged across our other products (SKU launches, launching SPP Shopping Cart, Galileo v2).
• Maintain existing test framework (increase tests coverage, increase efficiency, fix flaky tests, etc.)
• Work on interesting subscription management challenges, lead by example demonstrating best practices around code development, design, test, review, documentation and other engineering disciplines
• Work closely with product management to build new subscription management, purchasing, and trial conversion features
• Provide support to internal operation and ITCRM teams to ensure systems are compliant and secure
• Risk estimations and management
• Report to TL and stakeholders about current status, technical and other risks
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• University Degree in Computer Related or equivalent experience
• Commercial Ruby on Rails experience, 5+ years
• Commercial WEB development experience 5+ years
• Unit testing experience
• Upper-Intermediate English
• Balances getting things done with making things perfect
WOULD BE A PLUS:
• Experience with billing platforms and services (Zuora, Braintree, PayPal), multi-currency, internationalization, payment processing, subscription modeling, fraud detection.
• React experience
• Friendly and highly professional teams
• Flexible working hours with no overtime
• Regular performance reviews
• Internal training
• Comfortable office facilities (kitchens, gym, sports activities, yoga, lounge rooms, coffee machines, etc.)
• Christmas holidays (31st December —7th January) and state holidays
• Fully paid English classes (twice per week) with own English teachers and native speakers
• Premium Medical insurance (medication, massage, and doctor in the office, etc.)
• Paid sick-leaves
• Life insurance
• 20 working days of annual paid vacation
• Incentives (marriage, childbirth)
• Corporate events (corporate parties and sports competitions)
And much more!
Please send your CV or contact us with more questions!