Our client is a global company focusing on courier food delivery. The industry has got a great boost during pandemics and client’s organisation is a well-funded startup with a global presence.
Our team would be working both on backend and frontend of mobile applications connecting millions of clients with thousands of couriers and restaurants owning a whole part of functionality.
Giving an impression on team’s tech stack,
— Backend is Scala with Postgres, Redis and Kafka. With the backend services typical stack is http4s + fs2 + cats effect + doobie + quill. Some of old services might use Slick and Play Framework
— Frontend is React native — based and both major platforms are in the focus.
Most of client’s engineering organisation is in Europe, thus no late meetings.
Nice bonus: you might see couriers with your client’s logo on the streets and even order food using the app you’ve been developing while traveling! Very likely to have them soon in Ukraine too :)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
You will be covering the backend part of the product working as a part of a full-stack team (having both Scala and React Native experts) responsible for end-to-end functionality.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a high-quality technical solution for the customer
• Research and evaluate technical options to implement business requirements
• Discover and adhere to best practices and technical standards. Be an advocate of code quality and standardization
• Take ownership for team effort by holding colleagues accountable with peer review and seeking peer review for own code
• Be proactive in providing excellent test coverage for your code changes
• Summarize technical solution in project documentation
• Conducts technical interviews of new candidates.
• If required, makes himself available for customer visits and on-site collaboration.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
• Strong experience with Scala and familiarity with team’s backend tech stack
• Strong background in cloud services and distributed systems
• Performance optimization/building fault-tolerant micro services experience
• Unit testing experience
• Debugging skills
• Sufficient English level for communication with client (verbal & written)
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Team management experience
• Fast research and learning skills
Would be a plus:
• Experience with Mobile/React Native
• Slick, Play Framework,