PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
As Senior Engineer, you will work with one of the world’s largest social media platform which deals with few petabytes of data coming to the system daily. Contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for existing technical challenges, including building/enhancing the frameworks and tools used by other development teams.
We are building a team within an existing client to work mainly in our office in Vancouver and periodic business trips to the client in San Francisco.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obtains tasks from TL, prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
• Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
• Provides estimations, agrees task duration with TL and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
• Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
• Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
• Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
• Reports to Team Lead or Project Manager about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
• Collaborates with other teams and project stakeholders.
• Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
• Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
• Constantly improves his/her professional level.
• Provides training for other team members on general product architecture as well as his/her AOR.
• If required, make yourselves available for the visits to the client location.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
• Strong OOP and Design patters knowledge
• 5+ years of commercial Python Backend and FrontEnd development experience
• 2+ years in projects with large-scale, distributed backend systems
• Experience with AWS or other Cloud infra
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with MySQL
• Fluent English (oral & written) and communication skills in general
• Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and other engineering best practices
• Ability to learn quickly
• Experience working in Agile environment
• Friendly and highly professional teams
• Flexible working hours with no overtime
• Regular performance reviews
• Internal training
• Comfortable office facilities (kitchens, gym, sports activities, yoga, lounge rooms, coffee machines, etc.)
• Christmas holidays (31st December —7th January) and state holidays
• Fully paid English classes (twice per week) with own English teachers and native speakers
• Premium Medical insurance (medication, massage, and doctor in the office, etc.)
• Paid sick-leaves
• Life insurance
• 20 working days of annual paid vacation
• Incentives (marriage, childbirth)
• Corporate events (corporate parties and sports competitions)
And much more!
Please send your CV or contact us with more questions!