PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• Performs development work for Lohika projects. Performs implementation and support tasks as a member of Lohika engineering team. Works in accordance with project guidelines, quality standards and code conventions.
• Plays technical owner role to deliver feature/features of high complexity.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obtains tasks from Team Lead or supervisor and executes the tasks within set deadlines and specified quality objectives.
• Participates in functional and architectural design of assigned features to process key financial data.
• Researches and evaluates technical options to implement assigned features.
• Provides estimations of feature scope and splits it into tasks.
• Proactively raises technical risks and provides mitigation plans.
• Investigates and resolves issues within agreed SLA
• Implements fixes for specific customer issues.
• Participates in code reviews.
• Ensure high quality development standards (unit/integration tests, etc.)
• Reports to Team Lead or supervisor about feature readiness/quality and raises red flags in crisis situations.
• Provides training for other team members on his/her area of responsibility.
• Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
• Collaborates with other Dev teams and stakeholders
• Constantly improves his/her professional level.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• University degree in Computer Related Sciences
• Commercial and development experience (7+ years)
• 5+ years of commercial development experience on Ruby, RoR
• Strong experience working with AWS
• Deep SQL expertise and experience with large distributed database design at least
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Intermediate + level of English
• Well-developed communication and team working skills
• Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
• Development experience on Java
• Familiarity with Presto/Hive/Spark
• Development experience with large distributed systems
• Friendly and highly professional teams
• Flexible working hours with no overtime
• Regular performance reviews
• Internal training
• Comfortable office facilities (kitchens, gym, sports activities, yoga, lounge rooms, coffee machines, etc.)
• Christmas holidays (31st December —7th January) and state holidays
• Fully paid English classes (twice per week) with own English teachers and native speakers
• Premium Medical insurance (medication, massage, and doctor in the office, etc.)
• Paid sick-leaves
• Life insurance
• 20 working days of annual paid vacation
• Incentives (marriage, childbirth)
• Corporate events (corporate parties and sports competitions)
And much more!
Please send your CV or contact us with more questions!