Our client is a US audio streaming platform, bringing together radio, music, live sports and podcasts from around the globe. More than 80 million monthly active users, it’s a top-notch engineering organization with high standards for code and people.
We’re looking for a talented senior engineer to help drive our products and codebase to the next level. You’ll partner with cross-functional teams to design and develop new features, owning the project on the Android side. You’ll be a key contributor to our team as we continue to modernize our codebase using Kotlin and Android architecture components with an emphasis on writing clean, testable code.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work with Product, Design, and other Engineering teams to define, architect, and develop new features;
- You think Android is the best mobile platform out there and you’re eager to share your knowledge of its capabilities (and limitations);
- You’re a good, solid engineer that understands the payback of clean, tested, observable code;
- You’ll take wireframes and/or high-fidelity comps and translate them into robust, yet simple, efficient, and functional code;
- You feel ownership over everything you ship; you would never call code “released” until you are confident it’s correct
- Evaluate, improve, and optimize code;
- You have high standards and love upping them as needed. You love measuring sticks like metrics and dashboards since they tell you the truth about performance and productivity.
Key Attributes We Would Like You To Have:
- Excellent working knowledge of Kotlin, Java and the Android SDK;
- 6+ years of hands-on software engineering experience with at least 4 years of development for Android;
- Experience working with HTTP web service APIs;
- You are a high I/O person — approachable, thoughtful, listen well, and help promote an environment with an easy exchange of ideas, knowledge, and practices. You have the experience and smarts, yet you are the humblest, most open-minded person in the room who executes beyond expectations;
- Flexile, resilient, and positive-minded;
- Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications;
- You thrive when learning new technologies and do not believe in the one-size-fits-all solutions;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Experience with video or audio streaming technologies is a plus.
- LX recruitment screen
- HR interview
- Technical Screen (60 mins)
- Take-home Assignment (90 mins)
- Virtual Onsite Interview to meet Design, Product, iOS and other core teams (split into 4 meetings, taking up to 3 hours in total)
What We Offer
- Direct contract with a product company
- Working fully remotely or from an office in Lviv
- Health insurance, maternity/paternity leave
- Paid vacation (20 business days) and holidays, paid sick leaves
- Learning and development budget
- Other perks