• You must be based in Kyiv or willing to relocate to Kyiv
• Have past experience as team lead deciding architecture and backend infrastructure for a project from scratch
• Experience coaching middle and junior engineers on their technical tasks and developing them personally
• 4 or more years building Django projects. Candidate is required to have at least experience with building three big Django web applications. The applications can be B2C or B2B
• Fluency working with Django.
• Experience with using most of the common Django apps that help Django engineers build projects faster
• Familiarity with Docker, Docker Compose and Docker Swarm. Experience with other containerization and orchestration technologies.
• Proficiency with GNU/Linux (we use Ubuntu Server) system administration.
• Some Go (Golang) knowledge. It is not required but it is a plus. While almost everything we have is in Python, we also have a few small self-contained microservices written in Go, e.g. for thumbnail generation.
• Experience working with PostgreSQL, Redis and ElasticSearch. Basic knowledge of their administration and maintenance — you don’t have to be a hardcore DBA
• Basic familiarity with blockchain-based cryptocurrency technologies is a plus, e.g. run Ethereum node and interact with smart contracts.
• Opportunity to work with a fast-growing US education blockchain start-up.
• Your career trajectory is in your own hands.
• Opportunity to sometimes work from our European office and travel through European cities.
• Flat hierarchy and ability to progress fast in the company based purely on performance.
• Opportunity to work with a diverse set of team members from around the world.
• Attractive salary, bonus and LEDU token package.
• Highly professional and creative working environment.
• Possibility to be a part of the education blockchain revolution.
• This is a senior team lead/CTO role. Idea is to develop a senior Django Developer who has previous architecture and team lead experience into our company CTO
• Candidate will be coding 60% percent of the time and 40% on architecture and management.
•You’ll have to maintain old Django 1.6 project (not actively developed, we’re just migrating legacy code piece by piece), and develop new ones in Django 1.11.
About Education Ecosystem
Education Ecosystem is a decentralized learning ecosystem that teaches people how to build complete products in future technological fields. We just closed Round I of the LiveEdu ICO with $10M, Round II will be $100M. We are building the YouTube for online education and professional development. You can also describe our ecosystem as the next-generation Lynda.com. Unlike existing online education platforms, LiveEdu is not focused on beginners, but mainly intermediates to experts. People learn on LiveEdu by watching how peers build real projects and can also download all project resources and files.
The new LiveEdu platform is set to launch in 2018 and will start with eight main topics which encompasses several subcategories: Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Game Development, Data Science, Cryptocurrencies, Programming, Design, and Augmented and Virtual Reality. Project creators in the Education Ecosystem will build 10,000 projects for these topics. In 2019, the ecosystem will be opened for all topics. For now we are an app blockchain company and using ERC20 smart contracts, but in 2021 we will build our own protocol. Simply put we are building the Steemit for professional development and targeting the $306 billion professional development market. Our beta product is accessible under www.liveedu.tv.