You will become a team member of a Danish start-up team who works with SaaS product that helps shipping companies work more efficiently — one platform for all transports that is integrated with more than 150 freight providers.
Freight forwarding has been stuck in old tech for ages — our Client is here to change that. They are building a platform, that will make the freight forwarders and shippers significantly more efficient and profitable. They are currently focusing efforts on Denmark, Sweden and Norway, but also have users in distant places like Australia, United States etc.
If you are experienced with building and maintaining larger Ruby on Rails apps you may be the right person to join a team. As part of the Shape Ventures incubator ecosystem you will also be able to share knowledge with many talented developers.
Our candidate is not afraid to be interested in every aspect of working process and is eager to learn new things with excellent communication skills.
- 4+ years of professional experience in Ruby on Rails (with an emphasis to API based solutions);
- Several years of web development experience;
- Strong experience with integrating with many 3rd party APIs;
- Experience in using SOLID Principles;
- Experience in working with TDD / RSpec;
- Experience in using GraphQL;
- Experience in working with PostgreSQL;
- A strong analytical approach to problem solving;
- Interest in product development and experience in working with UI designers and product owners;
- English language at least Strong Intermediate — both spoken and written
As a plus:
- Support of existing integrations and creation of new ones;
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization;
- Maintaining APIs;
- Develop features for the application;
- Establish stability, safety and productivity in our software environment
- Direct communication with a client who is ready and willing to listen to your ideas;
- An opportunity to gain knowledge and be part of a Northern European product team;
- Deliver without being controlled and be yourself;
- To work in a friendly atmosphere with a flat hierarchy;
- Beer brewing with the CEO and Friday breakfasts;
- No overtimes, work-life balance;
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive salary;
- Offices with no open space in a convenient location;
- Flexibility to work in the office or remotely;
- English communication classes;
- Health care paid sick leaves, life and medical insurance, vaccination.
- 1-st stage: interview with the recruiter (around 30 minutes);
- 2-nd stage: technical interview with CTO (around 1 hour);
- 3-rd stage: client interview with CEO (around 20 min)