3+ years of experience with PHP and firm knowledge object-oriented design
Relational database design, optimization skills, firm SQL knowledge (MySQL) is required
Experience in cloud-based application development (Amazon is a plus)
Experience with Symfony3 is required (Symfony4 is a plus)
Experience in RESTful web services development
HTML5, CSS, JS frameworks (jQuery), AJAX, experience with frontend libraries (Angular4 is a plus)
Experience with Git
Experience of work in a Scrum team is a plus
Experience with code refactoring and unit testing is a strong plus
Upper-intermediate level of English
9 reasons to join us:
1. Business trips to European countries
2. Ability to create added value for yourself — We have specially equipped Levi9 laboratories (with 3D printers and other high-tech features) when you can work on you own startups or test any other crazy ideas
3. Possibility to share knowledge on techtalks, meetups and conferences in different Levi locations and outside the company
4. Your health support via compensation of sport activities, vacation policy and private medical insurance
5. Financial and vacation support of your important life events (wedding, child birth etc.)
6. Democratic banking policy — you can cooperate with us through any legal Ukrainian bank you choose
7. Work for industry leaders such as TomTom, Xerox, Swarco and others
8. “Save time” principles. We promote Automation testing and innovation technologies to save the most precious resource — your time
9. No micromanagement. We are free birds with clear understanding what the high performance is!
Your main task will be to develop back-end part of the application according to the functional requirements
Analyzing and following business requirements, driving the estimation and planning process
Communication with our Dutch counterparts on a daily basis
Our client is a Dutch printing company with more than 200 employees and over 6000 m2 of production facilities. They have their own R&D and it is the first company in the world which started industrial use of Durst Alpha textile printer. Their equipment enables them to print on almost any surface including timber, acrylic, banner fabrics, PVC and aluminum.
The project is aimed at the redevelopment of the existing client’s custom ERP system — a business-management application, which allows them to collect, store and manage specific information for client’s business — for the main issue the client encountered was the necessity to apply a great deal of effort to maintain the application, support its codebase and develop new features.
Existing client’s ERP was designed as a monolithic web application with all specific drawbacks, especially a lot of uncontrolled dependencies inside business models which usually appear when an application grows to a certain size. Currently, we’ve been developing a new ERP system using micro-services architecture. We’ve already built a service core, gateway API and a few business modules as separate micro-services. It means that these two EPR’s are used simultaneously, with the older one to be phased out.
Technology stack: PHP 7.3, Symfony 4, Angular 4, Backbone.js, HTML5, CSS (Less), MySQL/Doctrine, Amazon Cloud (EC2, RDS, S3, ElastiCache, SQS), PHPUnit, ElasticSearch
The assignment: Let’s make things clear from the start: it is no longer sufficient to simply tap the code. You get all the freedom to share your ideas, show qualities and to collect a bulk of knowledge and experience. We work in short sprints, with clear communication and daily updates which are necessary to achieve good results.