Levi9 invites YOU to join our team in Lviv. Please, consider our current open position of Senior DevOps Engineer.
The ideal candidate would have experience and most of the skills listed below or be willing to learn them.
— 3+ year of working experience as a DevOps Engineer
— Ability to resolve complicated infrastructure tasks (for example deployment of a complex distributed system with many components and nodes)
— Experience in system performance improvement
— Experience in issue troubleshooting drilling down through different layers of a problem
— Ability to work autonomously and result-oriented attitude
— Leadership and mentoring skills (team of 2 Middle DevOps Engineers)
— Commercial experience with Amazon AWS
— SOLR Cloud
— Varnish, nginx, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Redis
— Ansible, Terraform, Vagrant
— Python, Bash working scripting experience
— Intermediate English level or higher
9 reasons to join us:
1. Frequent business trips to European countries;
2. You will be working in historical part of Lviv next to the main entrance of Stryiskyi park;
3. Possibility to share knowledge on techtalks, meetups and conferences in different Levi locations and outside the company;
4. Your health support via compensation of sport activities, vacation policy and private medical insurance;
5. Financial and vacation support of your important life events (wedding, child birth etc.);
6. Democratic banking policy — you can cooperate with us through any legal Ukrainian bank you choose;
7. Work for industry leaders such as TomTom, Xerox, Swarco and others;
8. “Save time” principles. We promote Automation testing and innovation technologies to save the most precious resource — your time.
9. No micromanagement. We are free birds with clear understanding what the high performance is!
— Configure infrastructure for new products, update and maintain existing products hosted on AWS
— Support several products in parallel, maintain and document knowledge
— Do proactive system maintenance (like patching, security updates, SSL certificates renewal, etc.)
— Configure infrastructure, build and deployment automation, write Ansible and Terraform scripts
— Troubleshoot issues, process monitoring alerts, investigate performance issues
— Be ready to assist with critical issues resolution during non-working hours (rare cases, but it happens sometimes)
— Lead and mentor less experienced team members
The project is a collocated team managed on the Levi9 side and working under the Service Level Agreement, thus providing highly responsive and reliable support and development of the Customer’s tools.
The tools are prevalently high-load applications supposed to upload, transform, store and distribute digital media (texts, images and video) for the top-5 website of the Netherlands.
Technologies used: Python, Django, MongoDB, SOLR Cloud, Amazon AWS (+EC2, CloudFront), Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Varnish, Vagrant, HAProxy, RabbitMQ.
The team works on both improvements and new features, as well as takes responsibility for rapid reaction on and resolution of the incidents (it means possible cases of misbehavior, unavailability, failure etc.) occurring on any of the tools.
The more efforts we put in the development — the more stable are our tools and the less is the probability of the failure.