The project is for a German customer specializing in traffic management solutions, the aim of it is developing traffic controllers software.
Currently, the project is being developed in two main directions: creating software for controllers installed on intersections managing traffic lights, and for roadside units installed along the roads, gathering different traffic-related information and sending it to the controllers. The former software is written on Java and started a few years ago, the latter one is on C++ started this March completely from scratch.
In this project you will be able to:
— Join a C++ project starting from scratch, without any legacy
— Combine C++ development (~80% time) with Java (~20%)
— Work on new features, almost without bug-fixing (current development/bug-fixing ratio is ~90/10)
— Improve your git skills (branching, rebasing, merging to trunk)
— Write unit tests
— Participate in the code review process, focused on writing clean code
— Communicate with customers on a day-to-day basis (daily standups, requirements clarifications, technical discussions)
— 4+ years of commercial experience with C++ ;
— Willingness and ability to learn and write on other languages (Java, Python);
— Unit testing;
— OOP, OOD, SOLID;
— At least Intermediate level of English.
— Java 1.5 — 1.8
— Python 2.7
— git (Bitbucket)
— JUnit, gtest
— Target platform — Linux Busybox, ARM architecture
— Development workstation OS — on developer’s choice (Windows, Ubuntu)
— IDE — VS Code, Eclipse.
9 reasons to join us:
1. Learning in Levi9 never stops (unlimited Udemy for business, meetups, English courses, Professional training, and certification).
2. We’re experts in creating experts (we have Levi9 academy, Lead9 program for leaders).
3. No micromanagement. We are free birds with a clear understanding of what high performance is!
4. We’ve gathered the best locations. All you have to do is choose (Lviv office overlooking the Stryiskyi park or 5 min from Olimpiyska metro station in Kyiv).
6. We have a master’s degree in work-life balance.
7. Here you can train your body and mind (massage, gym in the office, TRX, Crossfit, and more with our corporate trainers).
8. A little party never hurt nobody (winter/summer parties, Ski Trip, etc).
9. We don’t wait for change. We are the change.