Boredom is the enemy!
Leia is the leading provider of 3D Holographic Lightfield displays and content services. Our vision is to change the way we connect, create, educate and learn by transcending the device — making memories more present, connections more human, and life richer. We don’t try to put life onto screens; we bring screens to life through interactive, immersive, and immediate 3D Lightfield experiences.
When was the last time technology genuinely surprised you?
When was the last time you held something in your hands that felt new and exciting?
When did you last say WOW?
In a world of passive viewing, Leia is a breakthrough. Instead of telling you about this future, we’ve built it.
We apply our proprietary nanotechnology to give any display the ability to produce Lightfield, immersive “holographic” content — no glasses, no tracking, no fuss.
Come join a team that’s ready to redefine the digital experiences of tomorrow!
What You’ll Do
Software Engineer — C++, Unreal Engine (Mid or Senior level) is an important role at Leia Labs. The job they do will shape how content creators interact with and expand the LeiaLoft platform.
As a Software Engineer, you will do the following:
- Develop SDKs, Plugins, and Tools for internal and external Unreal developers. Your work will convert existing Unreal projects to a format that is ideal for our LitByLeia™ holographic displays
- Create visually stunning Lightfield 3D demos, harnessing the latest Unreal SDK capabilities
- Implement 3D geometric models. Work with pairs of stereo cameras. Compose camera data together using HLSL
- Align expectations with product stakeholders to identify key priorities for the department
- Delegate resources to meet changing requirements and deadlines
- Maintain and improve the Unreal SDK’s quality by writing / delegating test cases, feature scenes, and build the delivery
- Conduct code reviews, mentor team members on best practices. Share best practices with external developers
- Be a point of contact for game development studios
What You’ll Have
- 3+ years of professional experience in creating tools and libraries for Unreal Engine 4 using C++ and Unreal Blueprints
- Experience with HLSL, Material Editor or other shader programming techniques
- Experience with post-processing effects, depth effects, and holographic effects
- Experience with API design and SDK architecture
- Experience with deploying applications on Android
- Experience using Git/GitHub, or similar version control systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks while keeping a clear view on the big picture
- A team player who collaborates cross-functionally but can execute autonomously
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or comparable experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience with VR, AR, computer vision, eye tracking
- Experience with Computer Graphics APIs (WebGL, WebGPU, Vulkan, DirectX, etc.)
- Experience developing cross-platform software for Windows, Android, and Linux
- Experience with performance analysis
What We Offer
- Great experience and professional growth by working on cutting-edge technology products in a highly skilled and friendly team
- Paid 22 business days of annual vacations (+1 day for each service year)
- Paid sick leaves
- Paid days off on Ukrainian official holidays
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Medical & life insurance
- Gym membership
- English language classes
- Regular education, workshops and conferences
- Paid lunches in the office
- Fruits and snacks, coffee, tea and beverages in the office
- Monthly team building cool events