We are looking for a QA Automation Tester to join our long-term project for a New York-based client.
The company is a prop-tech service platform, streamlining institutional capital’s access to the
Single-Family Rental industry. It is backed by large private equity investors and
trusted to deploy billions of dollars for their clients across the world’s largest asset class,
residential real estate.
The company was conceived as a thoroughly modern digital business model and its
technology was born in the cloud. Its people are a tight-knit, flat organization of
accomplished and determined professionals.
Together, they are challenging dated business models by orchestrating national and local
partners from across the country into a dynamic network that allows for unprecedented scale
and efficiency in the creation of single-family home rental assets. With that scale comes the
need for the strategic deployment of technologies that will enable our complex business
processes, automate them, and allow them to continuously improve.
They are in stealth mode now but look for big announcements soon.
About the job
As QA Automation Test Engineer, we will look to you to lead our efforts to define test
automation scope (Functional and Non-functional), and tools and technologies required to
automate testing for different tiers ( APIs, Front-end, Backend).
You will partner with DevOps, engineering teams, product managers, stakeholders, data
engineers, data scientists, external resources, and people throughout the business to design
complex test infrastructure, select modern tools to support the infrastructure, and
Working hours due to Eastern Standard Time Zone
● In-depth knowledge of the modern industry-wide testing techniques, tools, and
● Strong experience automating testing, system segmentation, and fault isolation in
event-driven microservice architectural patterns.
● Solid understanding of modern build and automation tools for application testing and
● Experience providing best practices, templates, and evangelizing test technologies
● Experience with serverless architectures and microservice event-driven architectures
● At least three (3) years of experience writing automation test suites with JAVA and SELENIUM.
● Minimum of eight (8) years of developing, deploying, and maintaining QA automated
● Strong Automation background and experience with API calls.
● A self-driven and enthusiastic professional with a consistent record for delivering
● Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, diagnostic, and analytical skills in a dynamic
● Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
● Ultimate comfort with transparent accountability and frank communication
● Familiar with Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban), Selenium.
● Designing test architectures (test automation frameworks, code libraries, reusable
frameworks and components, etc..) for the team to use across all platforms.
● Selecting, configuring and maintaining automated testing framework.
● Creating and maintaining documentation of automated testing processes.
● Coordinating and managing handoffs between vendor QA teams.
● Writing API, backend, frontend and E2E tests.
● Working in conjunction with DevOps and Engineering teams to achieve daily
release cycles, while following best practices and creating documentation artifacts.
● Defining strategic direction for testing by providing guidance, and suggestions to
improve quality practices across all engineering teams.