lalafo is venture capital funded and has been operating for 7 years in Central Asia, Ukraine, Serbia, and now Poland. lalafo is a winner of the Noah Startup Competition in Berlin. lalafo plate can be found on the wall of fame of Ukrainian startups by Lift99 Kyiv Hub.
Our product is a marketplace used by a whopping 3.5 million people every month. You can access it on mobile and the web, but most of our users are on Android.
We’re on the lookout for a rockstar Android Team Lead to help develop our product and lead the team in making it even more user-friendly for the millions of people who use it.
If you are open to new experiences, result-oriented, and continually seek to develop not only hard skills but soft skills as well, then you will feel super comfortable with us!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Mentoring and managing team development processes (with 2 team members at least);
- Developing existing Android apps; (~70% of the time)
- Working closely with team members, including product managers, designers, architects, and other developers to quickly diagnose and resolve problems;
- Taking responsibility and ownership for the code, you deliver and features;
- Quickly learning and working effectively with minimal supervision and direction;
- Researching and evaluating the latest mobile industry trends and technologies;
- Conduct project design reviews and code reviews.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in mentoring and managing team development processes;
- 4+ years of experience in Android development;
- 2+ years of experience with Kotlin;
- Good knowledge of Kotlin and Java Core;
- Android SDK, OOP, SOLID;
- Kotlin coroutines, Android Jetpack, Jetpack Compose, MVP, MVVM;
- Conductor, RxJava 1/2, Dagger2, SQLite, SQLDelight, Glide, OkHttp, Retrofit 2, Google Services, Firebase;
- HTTP, Socket, RESTful web services;
- JUnit, Mockito, AssertJ
- Git, Git flow;
- Android UI/UX design (experience with custom views is a must), Material design
- English at the Intermediate level
With us, you will get
- Personal growth: We’re passionate about helping our team members grow both personally and professionally. Our company creates an environment that supports development and encourages continuous learning.
- Decision-making: As an Android Team Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to make important decisions and shape the direction of our projects. Your input and expertise will be highly valued.
- Impact: You’ll be working on creating products that are used by millions of people, which is an exciting and impactful opportunity to make a difference.
- Big data: We work with large amounts of data, including BigData and Highload technologies. As an Android Team Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and gain valuable experience.
- Work atmosphere: Our work environment is cool and friendly, and we have a great team that values collaboration and teamwork. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day.
- Location: Our office is located in the heart of Kyiv and is designed for maximum comfort and productivity. We also offer the flexibility of partial remote work, so you can work from home or from another location as needed.