Kyivstar is looking for a L2 Engineer (DBSS Application Support: Charging System) to join our team with a solid understanding of charging & billing solutions and its operations within Telecom IT operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Daily L2 O&M tasks;
• Support Incident Management and trouble ticket resolution along with L1 team;
• Impact assessment for change request going into production;
• Escalating of defects, problems to the Level 3 (application development and maintenance) team;
• Perform second level of analysis and troubleshooting, escalate unresolved problems to Level 3 party suppliers (R&D), track progress of trouble tickets (TT) resolution and ensure restoration and resolution within SLA.
• 3 years of experience in IT or Telecom;
• Understanding, knowledge of principles and function of IP-networks (TCP-IP stack, OSI), cell networks (GSM, UMTC etc.), Telecom Business Support Systems (BSS), Charging & Billing systems (service control point: SCP, IN network);
• Experience of working with Agile tools (Confluence, Jira);
• Experience of working with monitoring systems (Zabbix);
• Working knowledge in technical areas like: Linux (RedHat, CentOS), DB (MySql, Cassandra), Integrations (CAMEL, DIAMETER, SIGTRAN, CAP, web services (SOAP, REST)), Scripting (Python, bash) and Others (IN call/events flow);
• English skills: Upper-Intermediate (oral and written);
• Understanding of SLA concept, ITIL processes (event management, access management, request fulfillment, problem management, incident management);
• Willingness to learn and staying up to date in the IT / Telecom Billing Domain;
• Experience working with distributed English speaking team — as a plus;
• Knowledge of testing tools (SOAPUI, Postman, Apache JMeter) — as a plus;
• Experience with SCM frameworks like Chef/Puppet/Ansible is desirable — as a plus.
• A unique experience of working for the largest and most beloved mobile operator in Ukraine;
• Remote work with possibility to visit the office;
• Onboarding program which can help with fast on-line adaptation;
• A competitive salary;
• Annual bonus;
• Paid sick leave and vacation;
• Great possibilities for professional development and career growth;
• Friendly & collaborative environment.