Currently, we are looking for one of our partners for a full-time Frontend Developer who would like to work in a friendly team full time in our Kyiv office.
You have a chance to become a part of the best German ed-tech startup (StudySmarter) in a highly exciting growth phase.
We are looking for you if you are
• passionate for building products
• experienced in Web Development, specifically Angular
• motivated for new challenges and personal growth
• aware of what user-oriented and user-friendly software should look like
• ready to move to Germany for onboarding and work with us in the beautiful city of Munich
You should apply because
• you can become a part of the best German ed-tech startup in a highly exciting growth phase
• you can have a real impact on our world by transforming the way we learn
• you can grow personally and technically
• you can take responsibilities from day one
• we are a talented, international team (> 10 members) without hierarchies
• you can choose your own equipment (laptop of your choice & noise-canceling headphones).
You can support us with
• Frontend Development: Web App (Angular 7) and/or Mobile App (Ionic 4, also based on Angular)
• Product Development: user-driven development of the learning platform of the future
• If you are interested: Immediate responsibility for a small team of developers, long-term prospect as a technical lead -> optional
Who we are
• Our vision: We want to empower everyone to achieve their educational goals by building an intelligent learning platform that increases efficiency, motivation, and structure throughout the entire learning process
• Status: StudySmarter was launched in 2018 and already has > 60.000 users, many of them using it on a daily basis. By offering a Web App (app.studysmarter.de) and a Mobile App (for iOS and Android), we support a holistic learning experience
• Some Achievements: Best German EdTech Startup 2018, European Youth Award 2019, German Pioneer’s Award (Hub Berlin)
• Tech: We use Angular for our Web and Mobile Apps and Django on the backend side. In order to generate and match the best learning materials, we leverage leading-edge Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing algorithms
• Prospect: In the next months, we want to expand to new cities and countries, improve and extend our product and get one step closer to make studying easy for everyone — for that, we need you!
How many people do we have on the team?
We have a team of 6 fulltime developers (4 in Munich, 1 in Pakistan and 1 in Kyiv) + are looking to grow our team further. In addition, we’re supported by freelancers, working students, interns and a polish design agency. Overall (including marketing, sales, and all full-time/part-time members) we’re 25 people.
Do we have someone who reviews the code?
Yes — for each project (Backend, Webapp Frontend, Mobileapp Frontend) there’s a responsible member for reviewing and merging the code.
What’s our development process?
Sounds interesting? We are excited to get to know you!