We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team on a highly interesting and challenging project.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who:
- Has 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer;
- Has a strong understanding of Microservice Architecture
- Is proficient with AWS and Terraform;
- Has experience with Jenkins, Git, GitLab, Kubernetes, Helm, and Puppet;
- Has a strong understanding of the Security of systems and data;
- Has experience with ELK Stack;
- Demonstrates SSL, and TLS experience;
- Can speak and write in English on upper-intermediate or higher level and efficiently communicate ideas, design, and document artefacts concisely;
- Manifests KindGeek corporate values — trust, transparency, social responsibility, and a sense of beauty.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in working with financial institutions or in the fintech industry;
- Knowledge of Hashicorp Vault and Hashicorp Consul;
- Experience with Kafka;
- Python Scripting skills.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure;
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers;
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes;
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results;
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats;
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’;
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended;
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions;
- Implement IaC (Infrastructure as Code);
- Support development teams in delivering objectives;
- Practice a DevOps culture of automation;
- Research, experiment, and utilize leading cloud methodologies and new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability, and performance;
- Provide proficient documentation and operating guidance.
While some traditional financial institutions implement digital finance services systems, neobanks are growing exponentially and penetrating new markets in other regions. In just three years, the global customer base of neobanks has grown from 2 million to 15 million, and the number of neobanks has increased from around 70 to over 250.
The product helps people to take payments easily, securely, and globally.
Clients can supercharge their business growth with easy-to-install payment tech, a wide range of payment products, and 24/7 dedicated customer support.
The product takes care of the payments, so clients can take care of business.
We want you to thrive and feel supported:
- Professional growth: at KindGeek, we want our employees to grow and achieve ambitious professional goals. We support professional development with training and certification refunds, as well as provide regular feedback and technical reviews.
- Benefits package: KindGeek offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes 18 working days of fully paid vacation, 10 compensated by 50% sick leaves as well as an opportunity to take study leaves. Depending on how long you stay in the company, you can receive different health insurance packages from our partners.
- Personal growth: as a part of our team, you will have corporate English courses with a 50% sponsorship, take advantage of our library and access a large selection of corporate training and courses.
- Geek community: at KindGeek, we value community — even in the social distancing times we take every opportunity to stick together. Our Geeks organize various online and offline clubs — from stretching and skiing to English. Football enthusiasts can also join the corporate team that regularly participates in Lviv IT League.
- Flexibility: KindGeek offers a hybrid working model. Team members can work remotely or from the office or KindGeek London Hub — an innovative cafe-style co-working.