• Good modern C++ understanding
• Used to working on and coding for Linux systems
• GNU Make, clang, gdb, lldb, gprof, perf, valgrind, git, ... the tools of the trade
• Knowledge of Microsoft 365, Sharepoint, Dynamics, Salesforce, GSuite
Desired communication skills:
• You need to be able to work in a team of developers
• You need to be calm and persistent and not afraid of routine tasks
• You must have a reasonable level of verbal and written English
• We welcome dialogue, critical thinking and new ideas — we encourage people to share their thoughts and encourage constructive dialogue
— An exciting and challenging job in a successful business. Our culture is characterized by a positive tone, commitment and result-oriented professionalism, heavily influenced by excitement for what we do
— Unique working environment where your opinion matters
— Competitive salary
— Career and professional growth
— Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation, health insurance and other social benefits
If all above describes you, Keepit hopes to have you as our new team member to help us grow in the direction that sustains Keepit’s culture of many different talents and nationalities within an informal and trusting environment.
We kindly ask you not to provide us with any sensitive categories of personal data when applying for a job with us.
Priorities and tasks:
• You must have the patience to read a lot of documentation
• You must be able to share and use this knowledge in your daily work
• You must have good searching skills, some information is hidden well
• You must be able to think out of the box
• You must be able to do research
Keepit is a cloud-to-cloud backup service provider. The purpose of our platform is to provide our customers with an immutable historical archive of their primary data in systems such as Microsoft 365, GCloud, Salesforce and Dynamics, to protect them from everything from ransomware to simple accidents.
At Keepit, we like to keep it simple. We like to think “less is more”. We are one of the leading cloud data protection platforms in a very rapidly growing market and we can see that customers like what we do. We are looking for more colleagues to help us do even more.
The Keepit platform is a set of networked services working in concert; we have a strong emphasis on performance and reliability and this influences how we approach development and how we write our code.
The majority of our back-end components are written in clean modern C++ using mainly purpose-built components and the STL. Several components that deal with business processes and data mining are built using Common lisp.
Everything runs on Linux. It runs on our servers that are run by our people. Our service operates from datacenter locations in Washington, Sydney, Copenhagen and London — but we are a growing organisation and more regions will come.
At Keepit the developer will contribute significantly to project specifications since deep technology understanding matters when we decide how to solve a problem.
At Keepit we write code to last, since taking the time to do it right is faster than having to do things over.
At Keepit developers will write test cases for their code, since if we can’t prove to ourselves that code works there is little chance to impress QA.
Our approach to the development itself is ambitious and bold. We have developed components and systems that most organisations do not, which is securing us a solid lead in this rapidly expanding market of cloud to cloud backup. Backing up billions of objects over foreign APIs using imperfect networks on systems with finite memory and making it all happen in as little time as possible, is no small feat. We built the object store that holds these data too by the way. And we built every system in between and around as well. If you think solving hard problems is fun, we have strong indications that we will not run out of hard problems any time soon. Come join us for the fun!