At Keepit, we are entrusted with safeguarding data from companies and organisations around the world. We must keep this data safe from being lost, tampered with or leaked — and we must keep it readily available to our customers whenever they need it. Security is central to everything we do and we are looking for skilled professionals to join our security team, more specifically the SOC.
This position is for regular office hours, it is not a shift-work position.
As a security analyst in our Security Operation Center (SOC) your main areas of work will be:
1) Day-to-day SIEM operation including responding to events and participating in refining rule sets
2) Overseeing and executing vulnerability scans, asset scans and software audits
3) Providing evidence of compliance to other parts of the security organisation during audits
4) Taking part in evolving the processes and systems in use in the security organisation
We have built cloud services from the ground up. That means we manage everything from the hardware servers, the operating systems, the network equipment and the application software. Everything runs on Linux.
Therefore, the necessary skills for this position are:
1) A fundamental desire to help keep safe the information of our customers
2) A good understanding of — and interest in — information security in general; threats, attacks, mitigations, controls, risk
3) Solid understanding of IP networking including TCP, DNS and HTTPS
4) Solid understanding of Linux-based systems including an understanding of services, processes, users and the filesystem
In addition, we have a set of bonus skills that we would love to see:
1) Experience with Wazuh
2) Understanding of the OWASP top 10
3) Experience with CIS20, ISO27001 or other security-related frameworks
We are looking for dedicated individuals with potential. Industry experience is great to have, but we all start somewhere and you can start here if you have the necessary skills above.