JustAnswer is looking for a proficient Software Engineer to develop applications using our Natural Language Processing technologies. Our chatbots are one of the key enablers for the JustAnswer services. This role is key to building our next generation chatbot technologies and associated tools using rapid development based on our evolving Kubernetes CI/CD pipeline.
This role in our platform team involves working with a distributed team of engineers, architects, product managers, and other stakeholders to plan and develop features critical to our services. We value a lean, data driven, and collaborative approach to software development. This is a great opportunity for the right engineer to take responsible ownership, set bold directions for the team, and develop further.
- Work on architecture, API design, and evolution of our NLP software
- Work with a talented team of software developers focused on the development of our next generation NLP software
- Work with multiple engineering teams, product management, and analytics to plan and execute roadmaps and test hypothesis
- Proficient with applications development (CI/CD) in Docker and Kubernetes environment
- Performance characterization, debugging, and optimization of distributed applications
- Quickly respond to issues/needs of users of the conversational platform
- 5+ years of experience in C++, Python, and preferably also .NET (C#)
- 7+ years of application programming and development
- Experience is decomposing complex designs to multiple manageable components and deriving associated interfaces, dependencies, metrics, and code
- Experience with programming mechanisms like threads, synchronization, lockless design, concurrency, and C++ structural and behavior patterns
- Experience with the large C++ code base in terms of design, modularization, validation, refactoring, and dependency management
- Significant experience in analyzing, debugging, solving performance issues, and triaging code defects
- Significant experience is doing code reviews, evaluation, code coverage and validations
- Not required, but some experience with ChatScript is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Information Systems
- Time off throughout the year (paid and unpaid)
- Professional development support and encouragement
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free membership to dive into JA product
JustAnswer is an online marketplace that is revolutionizing professional services by making fast, affordable expert help accessible to people everywhere. Hailed by The Huffington Post as “destined for glory,” our company is made of smart, hard-working people who know how to have fun and get things done. From doctors, lawyers, and vets to auto mechanics and tech support, the 10,000 experts on JustAnswer have helped over eight million people in 196 countries since 2003. Headquartered in the beautiful Presidio of San Francisco, our mission is simple and inspiring: “We help people.” JustAnswer, LLC is backed by investors Crosslink Capital, Glynn Capital, and Charles Schwab.