As a Lead Engineer, you will be able to technically lead the entire cross-functional design team on their interactions and responsibilities for that project. A Lead Engineer is responsible for ensuring the phase gate technical milestones are met, is the leader of technical reviews, and is responsible for making sure that the specification requirements inputs and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing product into a production environment.
· Will represent Jabil Design Services in technical customer discussions/meetings.
· Work with Project Managers in the quoting process.
· Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design.
· At the appropriate process phase gates, drive the delivery of a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc
· Lead all elements of electrical engineering including design reviews, design verification requirement & Spec developments, implementation, supply chain & supplier feedback, requirements for implementation, transfer to design and manufacturing team. Mentoring Sr. Design Engineers and below
· Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost-effective.
· Support management in identifying internal and external resources to support product development/analysis
· Would be considered an SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field of competency (preferably automotive inverter designs).
· Master degree in Engineering from an accredited university
· Minimum of 8 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Knowledge of functional safety and being able to implement this into designs.
· Knowledge of automotive HV electronics (in relation to design, test and release activities)
· Knowledge of high power design and PCB techniques
· Knowledge of general automotive processes and quality processes (FMEA, FMEDA,...)
· Strong focus on design quality (EMC, derating, ...)