Provide leadership and guidance to project teams consisting of business and IT professionals who are engaged in planning and implementing solutions that are small/medium size. The incumbent will also engage as a key team member by providing support for larger, more complex projects under the guide of a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager. Mentoring Project Management subordinates is an essential responsibility of this role to ensure that the team is maturing their project skills and capabilities.
· Ensure project scope and costs are agreed upon by the stakeholders
· Coordinate business requirements gathering, documentation and stakeholder approval
· Prepare project plan(s) and implementation schedule(s): ensure the project plan includes all stakeholder requirements and the nine areas of knowledge from Project Management Body of Knowledge®
· Conduct internal and vendor inquiries pertaining to the development of technology or information systems to meet current and projected business needs
· Coordination of RFI/RFPs with third parties, project and internal IT procurement team
· Provide regular report updates to all stakeholders and project sponsors, including status updates, milestone information and risk and issue information
· Active problem solving: recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identifies and implements alternative solutions
· Serve as escalation point for project risks and issues
· Provide guidance on team activity through leadership and support towards goals
· Work independently on medium risk projects with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Recommend, prepare and conduct training
· Manage change control processes and is responsible for overall project execution
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors
· Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
· Minimum 5 years of experience leading multiple formal IT projects.
· PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification or equivalent is preferred.
· Scrum Master/Agile certification
· Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma concepts