• Strong Technical skills and/or Strategic Skills
• Strong Analytical skills and Quality Standards
• Commitment to Customer Service
• Proven success in Project Management of global related projects
• Ability to participate in projects to ensure global readiness
• Experience in ensuring processes/people are in place to support regional and global areas of responsibility
• Strong knowledge of Licensing and Contracts
• Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
• Solid technical background with hands-on software development experience.
• Demonstrable track record of delivering transformational initiatives to deliver business value.
• Demonstrable track record of innovating within their remit.
• Demonstrable strategic planning and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrable ability to effectively develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior stakeholders in business and IT.
• Demonstrable experience in engaging executives and other stakeholders to support important business decisions.
• Demonstrable ability to develop software product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management through excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Servant leader mindset with strong problem-solving skills, high energy and “team first” attitude.
• Ability to both influence senior business and IT leaders that are not in their chain of command.
Desire and ability to effectively drive change.
• Demonstrable track record of building and leading global, culturally and demographically diverse, geographically distributed teams composed of both FTEs and partner resources.
• Experience with organizational and workforce design.
• Demonstrable track record of managing cost center and/or project budgets.
• Demonstrable experience in strategizing, building and operating software products.
• Basic familiarity with the principles of design thinking, and lean and agile software delivery.
• Basic familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
• A master’s degree in business administration.
• Experience with IoT-based solutions.
• Experience with SAFe or other comparable frameworks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
Recruitment and Retention:
• Recruitment of IT personnel
• Coordination with HR with recruitment activities including, interviews, job offers, negotiations, etc.
• Adhere to local or remote HR or plant policies and procedures
Employee and Team Development:
• Participate in 360 review plans for peers and Sr. Management
• Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals
• Support Business Requirement by allocation of resource and provide the reference for IT in Company investment for new business, or new projects.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required fulfilling the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development.
• Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
• Coaching and Mentoring of staff
• Performance management, Preparation and delivery of Performance Reviews, Personnel Development Plans, Training plans, Terminations, Turnover, Succession Planning, Reward and Recognition programs, etc
• Perform Metrics Management and Service Level Management; establish Service Level agreements and manage service delivery to meet those requirements
• Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational goals and responsibilities, personal development goals.)
• Solicit ongoing feedback from designated managers, supervisors, peers and team members on team members’ contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team members based on feedback.
• Establish new measurement systems if/where possible
• Metrics Management and Service Level Management; establish Service Level agreements and manage service delivery to meet those requirements.
• Analyze and report on your trends for site, or area, or areas under your reporting structure IT Scorecard and Performance Metrics Management and Service Level Management; establish Service Level agreements and manage service delivery to meet Customer SLA’s requirements.
• Ask questions; encourage input from team members
• Provide regular updates to appropriate managers
• Interface with Regional staff and related projects
• Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations
• Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development.
• Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
• Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer-specific
• Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”
Functional Management Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain relationships with the key business and technology stakeholders who the firm’s executive team have given the budget and authority to fund product development and make decisions regarding product capabilities and priorities. Extend this to external stakeholders when vendor or partner/ecosystem relationships matter to product success.
• Educate key stakeholders as needed to create a better understanding of software product development life cycle, key concepts, build and operate costs.
• Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders, to lead them to converge on the technical product strategy, vision and roadmap.
• Work within the product budget established in consultation with business sponsors and product-line management by balancing resources across vision development, prototyping, product development and maintenance.
• Work with key stakeholders to make frequent and dynamic prioritization decisions based on the latest metrics and customer feedback. Define, track and communicate key product performance indicators as required to inform this process, and track business results.
• Help key stakeholders develop and refine business and pricing models for the product, whether directly (through a subscription, for example) or indirectly (based on advertising, or internal).
• Bring the product to market by ensuring the firm is prepared to deliver and service the product throughout its life cycle. When serving internal customers, product managers should ensure that the organization is prepared to deliver and support the entire business capability (including all of its human, organizational, process and physical aspects, such as training for call-center agents).
• Continually monitor and refine the product (if required) or collaborate with the appropriate IT service managers to ensure compliance with SLAs and OLAs.
• Drive quarterly business reviews and the accomplishments of the team.
• Act as the “keeper (and communicator) of the vision” to translate the product strategy and vision developed with business stakeholders into what the product team must bear in mind every day to ensure they are building the right product.
• Define the product roadmap based on business outcomes by operating at the level of defining which business capabilities the product should have, and what business outcomes those capabilities should achieve, but not at the level of actually writing “user stories.”
• Provide governance and direction to product delivery teams by staying in regular contact.
• Collaborate and coordinate with other senior leaders from business and IT, to avoid duplication and manage dependencies.
• Assist interdependent teams in synchronizing their work, so that when trade-offs have to be made, they are made consistent with the leadership’s view of the overall priorities for the product.
• Coordinate with other stakeholders tactically such as business, security, legal, compliance, risk, data and IT architects to align product architectures and capabilities according to agreed goals for nonfunctional requirements. Platform product managers will be especially key to this conversation, as architecture decisions at the platform level have broad impact and significance for the success of many products.
• Be the advocate for non-functional requirements and make sure that technical debt receives sufficient priority relative to functional requirements, in order to ensure success for the product throughout its entire life cycle, instead of just maximizing the functionality of the first release.
• Bring an entrepreneurial and innovation mindset to continually look for opportunities to create new business value for customers.
• Provide advisory and governance services to business and IT stakeholders from the perspective of product strategy, build and operations.
Technical Management Responsibilities
• Direct Management of Information Technology Managers and or Supervisors
• Set direction in consultation with IT senior management to Regional Staff
• Management and Participation of Acquisition related duties within the region
• Management and Participation of Greenfield related duties within the region
• Travel to sites and corporate to meet with staff and management
• Security and SOX management and compliance for all IT related tasks at the sites reporting to you.
• Pursue, implement, and enhance Best Practice to drive operational excellence in area of responsibility
• Quality Assurance of service within IT for site or area or areas reporting to you. Analyze results, create improvement plans, and measure improvement.
• Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Security, Health, Safety and Quality)
• Serve as escalation point for IT issues
• Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
• To be dependable and conscientious in all work performed
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
Management of multiple functional areas and/or business areas, and cost centers or Global responsibility for a functional area or initiative.