· Five (5) years or more development experience.
· Five (5) years or more working with payment processors.
· C/C++, Ruby, Python, Go and/or Java development experience required.
· Strong pluses include Objective C, Java (standard and mobile), MS Development Studio, Ruby,
· Deep technical knowledge of mobile application development.
· Prior embedded experience with RTOS (ARM, MIPS, etc.).
· Experience with POS Hardware and peripherals.
· Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
· Experience within Digital Payments solutions, POS, and retail enterprise-level application
integration and support.
· Knowledge of emerging mobile technologies, standards, and best practices
· Knowledge of current mobile UI design concepts/technologies a plus
· Experience architecting and developing multithreaded applications, preferably in embedded
· Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, REST.
· Experience with payment industry standards or other government and international security standards including those from FIPS, ISO, CC, PCI, etc. as a plus.
· Any active payment terminal platform and understanding of the card payment industry (principles of card acceptance technology, EMV specifications, Contactless, principles of industrial compliancy, and cryptography), and protocols such as ISO8583 could be an advantage.
Values and Competencies:
· Able to manage and achieve results through multiple, cross-functional teams
· Able to rapidly and clearly communicate issues, options, benefits, priorities, and recommendations to technical and business team members
· Strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills
· Works under general supervision
· Skilled in all phases of systems analysis, software development process and/or functional engineering principles
· Ability to resolve issues independently
· Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks concurrently
· Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills, excellent computer skills
· A proven ability to create design specifications and develop software that meets customer requirements fulfills overall product requirements and achieves defined performance criteria is important.
· Coordinate the activities of design, develop and maintenance of mPOS applications and underlying
functionality for embedded mobile point-of-sale (POS) applications for secure payment
· Participate in the software design process for existing and new systems.
· Work with the Product Management team to analyze user needs and develop mobile solutions to
optimize operational efficiency.
· Work with QA and technical support to fix identified defects.
· Maintain and recommend improvements to existing products.
· Promote best practice development habits and highest product quality standards in the team.
· Analyze requirements and prepare functional and software specifications for mPOS software
· Design, develop, program, and unit test software to functional requirements.
· Ensure the development of quality systems within established guidelines and time frames.
· Manage and coordinate certifications and testing with 3rd party labs and processors.
· Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
· Implement industry-standard protocols and adapt customer protocol specifications to match
· Create application design specifications (sequence and state-transition diagrams) and participate in architectural reviews.
· Track technical issues and implement solutions in a prompt manner.
· Must be able to take initiative and develop approaches and solutions to software problems.
· Participate in sprint planning and review processes.
· Assist with project and task estimation.
We are looking for an mPOS Software Architect to take a leading role in the design, development, and supporting activities for new and existing applications for mobile POS terminals and other similar solutions.