* 3+ years of experience with Java, including 1+ years of Java 8;
* Java Language Specification (JLS)
* Object-oriented programming and object-oriented design
* Standard algorithms and data structures
* Key Java concepts such as Generics & Collections, Reflection, Lambda, Stream API, I/0 Fundamentals, Exception Handling, Date/Time API
* Unit / Integration tests using libraries/frameworks such as JUnit, Spock, Mockito
* Version control system (Git), code review tools and issue tracking systems (Jira)
* Standard IDEs such as IntelliJ, Eclipse
* Servlets and Java frameworks such as Spring, Java EE
* JDBC concepts and ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
* SQL / NoSQL
* Web & Application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, Netty
* Build tools such as Gradle, Maven
* Understanding of Agile principles
* A team player with excellent communication skills, energy, enthusiasm, and a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong written and spoken English
* Spring Boot
* Reactive Java (RxJava / ProjectReactor)
* Groovy / Kotlin
* Opportunity to get working experience with cutting edge technologies stack
* Mentoring programs
* Working with senior team members
* Competitive salary and yearly bonus
* Medical insurance (after probationary period)
* Fitness benefits (after probationary period)
* Fully paid English courses and the opportunity to improve English skills by regular collaboration with native speakers
* Flexible working arrangements
* Weekly Happy Hours and periodic team activities
* Work in a high-growth, energetic environment
iX.co is looking for Java Engineer to work on the back end for one of the largest sports brands in the world. The scalability of this project is perhaps the most interesting part. There are hundreds of millions of unique users of people using the product. The products are visible on the web, mobile applications, and TV boxes. The size of the solution, the number of users, and the revenue of the project will provide exposure to problems and technologies not found in your average system.
This position requires a schedule adjusted to PST time-zone.
iX.co, a digital media company focused on the way data science and technology can create more personal experiences for users while growing audiences for content owners, bridges the gap between storytelling and technology, creating digital platforms and experiences to help global brands engage with audiences and monetize their investments.
iX.co works with many of the biggest names in sports, media, entertainment, and active lifestyle, using data-driven insights to cater to audience passions and empower businesses to make millions of lasting impressions.
With offices across North America, Europe, and Asia, iX.co is proud of the impact it has helped create for elite organizations like the PGA TOUR, NASCAR, FOX, Chelsea FC, AS Roma, the International Ski Federation and the International Basketball Federation, among countless others.