There are a number of Business Units within FNB(First National Bank ) that require Java developers.
Project #1 Build and maintenance of a customer communication platform that will allow client messaging, problem resolution, query management, and more. This system will work across the entire bank’s product ecosystem.
Project #2 Online Banking.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum: B.Comm, B.Eng, BSC Eng, BSC Informatics, or related degree.
- 4+ years of experience in programming and system design.
- Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
- System Design experience is advantageous.
- Experience with Java 8+
- Working experience with JSP
- Identify and analyze user requirements
- Prioritize, assign, and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle
- Develop Java EE/SE applications
- Write well-designed, efficient code
- Review, test, and debug team members’ code
- Design database architecture
- Schedule product releases with internal teams
- Document development phases
- Ensure our applications are secure and up to date
- Object Oriented Programming
As a plus:
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash and/or Python;
- Familiar with OAuth and SAML, preferably with an understanding of AD / LDAP / Kerberos as well
- Familiar with Docker.
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients.
- Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
- Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments.
- Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
- Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
- Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
- Minimise system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimisation of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
- Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
- Maintain maximum system availability by ensuring that incidents are recorded for future reference and adequate root cause analysis is done to eliminate the risk of a recurrence.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop technical and business skills.
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities, and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner.
- Supervises the work of other developers. Provides technical assistance to fellow developers and other Information Technology (IT) team members.
— Friendly professional staff and warm atmosphere;
— The environment where you can implement your ideas;
— Plans for growth and performance review;
— Flexible schedule and opportunities to work remotely (8 hours workday);
— Paid 18 days of vacation and up to 10 sick leaves annually;
— Medical insurance after the trial period;
— English courses;
— Participation in educational activities and thematic conferences;
— Attending professional conferences, summits, workshops, and seminars (70% of the cost offset by the company);
— Team parties and corporate events.