The technical tester mission is to automate testing of Tradecloud’s product features, connectors, performance, reliability and security, with a focus on the platform service API’s.
The technical tester pursues the following goals:
- To automate user acceptance testing of the supply chain network (authentication, users, companies) and order and shipment modules (including workflow, activity stream and basic analytics) of the new Tradecloud1 platform
- To automate user acceptance testing of the migration module (synchronization between the legacy and Tradecloud1 platforms)
- To automate user acceptance testing of new connectors, used by our integrated partners and customers.
- To automate user acceptance testing of new order and shipment features.
- To set up automated performance, reliability and security testing in 2022.
- Communication. The candidate should be experienced in international projects and should be able to communicate in an international setting, with people of different nationalities. The candidate is able to use his/her communicative competencies to overcome differences in levels of English (foreign accents) and culture.
- The candidate speaks and writes clearly and concisely in English and seeks to understand the viewpoint of others, in order to formulate its own, while being respectful to others.
- Quality. The candidate has strong analytical capabilities and persues to maintain and improve the quality of the platform in terms of functionality, performance, reliability and security. The candidate should have a keen eye for identifying edge cases within user stories and is able to challenge the acceptance criteria provided by product management.
- Chemistry. Since we have a small team, it is important that there is good chemistry between the candidate and the rest of the team. The candidate should be able to collaborate intensively with the DevOps team and product manager, face to face and using remote tools such as Slack and Zoom.
- Enthusiasm. Candidate exhibits passion and excitement for his/her work. Candidate really lives for coding and testing and otherwise implementing a product, spiked by curiosity for the technology used in this field and initiates improvements to the platform.
- Intelligence. Smart, eager to learn and motivated to autonomously extend your knowledge and skill set. Candidate maintains an analytical way of thinking, and absorbs and understands information quickly.
- Experience. Candidate has been coding and testing for at least 3 years in multiple languages, architectures and technologies. Candidate is eager to try and learn new languages and technologies.
- Efficient. The candidate is able to autonomously work in an efficient and productive fashion. The candidate should be able to focus and generate significant output when high-priority issues arise.
- Persistence. Candidate demonstrates a tenacity and willingness to go the extra mile to get something done.
- Flexibility. Candidate is able to quickly adjust to changing priorities and conditions. Candidate copes effectively with task complexity and change.
Natural language: English — high level (at least upper intermediate / B2)
- User acceptance test automation — must have, at least 3 years
- API and micro services test automation — must have, at least 3 years
- performance or reliability test automation — must have, at least 1 year
- security test automation — must have, at least 1 year
- Python — must have, at least 1 year
- pytest or similar framework — must have, at least 1 year
- REST API — must have, at least 3 years
- Microservices — must have, at least 1 year
- Linux (as a user) — must have, at least 1 year
- Jenkins / GitHub Actions — must have, at least 1 year
- Docker — must have, at least 1 year
- Shell script — nice to have
- Kubernetes — nice to have
- Git — must have, at least 1 year
- JIRA — should have
- Kanban, agile or scrum — nice to have
- Continuous Delivery — nice to have