We’re looking for a high-motivated Project Manager for our project.
The platform uniquely equipped to help organizations of all sizes conquer the complexity of managing and protecting their business-critical data. Through our integrated product portfolio, we provide a unified data management experience that delivers unmatched performance and versatility—edge to core to cloud.
You can become a leader of a rapidly growing team. The team is new, they started the work in May and since then, they are actively growing. The plan is to build 3 teams, 7-8 people in each. Each team will have a mix of Java and Angular engineers and one embedded manual QA.
The first project phase is centered around one of the biggest product. This product is the market leader in data protection, backup, restore and disaster recovery. The goal of the first project phase is to migrate some modules of the desktop to WebUI on the modern stack. The migration work is already in progress, it was started by in-house development, and lots of product modules are already fully functioning in WebUI. We will need to help them complete this migration by doing the migration and ensuring the quality of migrated functionality.
Our team is geographically distributed: in-house developers are in US, our team is in Georgia and Poland, Ukraine etc.
A person who we are looking for will need to staff the remaining positions, build the teams, and build the processes for these teams. This person will need to establish and maintain a long-lasting relationship with the client. The person should become a leader for the team ensuring their productive work, their engagement and motivation.
The project uses Jira, Confluence, Teams as primary tools for project and communication management.
If you were the part of our team, you would have:
- Ability to work on really huge enterprise applications, their product is an enterprise solution # 1 in the world for data protection
- Great client — very responsive, open to changes
- Great opportunities for project growth and development — after the lift & shift initiative there will be a new feature development in WebUI
And here’s our Dream Team.
- 6+ years of overall experience in IT industry
- 4+ years in Project Management in IT
- Experience in leading multiple teams of 7+ people
- Experience in the development process establishing and tuning
- Experience in outsourcing
- Experience in working with customers from the USA or Western Europe
- Experience in managing full-function team (BA, Developers, QA)
- Knowledge of actual engineering practices and ability and desire to implement it
- Understanding of project scope management, including changes management
- Ability ta o create project plan and build the process to ensure the delivery in accordance with the plan
- Ability and desire to grow people through mentoring/coaching/trainings
- Ability to maintain strong motivation and great retention of team members
- Solid knowledge and practical experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Understanding of Issues/Risk Management and mitigation planning.
- Ability and willing to measure and improve team performance and quality.
- Great communication skills and ability to identify stakeholders and establish communications with the client.
- Good presenter skills and ability to drive meetings with the client and teams.
- Knowledge of conflicts resolution approaches
- Experience in staffing
- Setup and maintain effective long- term relationship with the client
- Build effective development processes in 3 teams
- Provide transparent and effective reporting
- Effectively manage 3 teams (~25 people) simultaneously, ensure high quality and performance of the teams
- Identify and grow leaders inside of the team (team leads/tech leads/qa leads)
- Ensure high motivation and retention of team members
- Staff remaining positions and be ready for further team growth
- Help the team to overcome blockers on the way
- Opportunity to share experiences at internal meetings and conferences
- 100+ technical and non-technical training for development and broadening of horizons
- Career growth to Senior, Lead or get other technical or management role
- Regular salary review based on employee performance
- Medical insurance from the first working day
- 15 sick leave are fully compensated
- 18 working days of paid leave
- IT Club Loyalty program gives a lot of discounts and bonuses
- GYM compensation
- English courses
- Remote work
- Team sports activities, and corporate events