• Bachelor or Masters degree, preferably in engineering.
• Intermediate spoken and written English.
• Available recommendations from former colleagues.
• 3 years experience in PHP: structural and object development, secure
development, fault-tolerant development.
• Strong database experience: Innodb & memory engines in Mysql,
queries efficiency and optimization, efficient database architectures.
• Strong experience in building web applications across multiple servers
and microservices architectures.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services.
• Practical knowledge in using job queues (Gearman) and asynchronous
communication between servers.
• Vertica or any other columnar storage experience would be a great plus.
• Ubuntu console skills: getting system metrics, installing and configuring
• Experience with Redis, Elastic, Python or Nodejs would be a great plus.
• Extend our 300+ servers hybrid cloud platform in terms of scalability
• Provide security and availability improvements.
• Manage younger professionals.
We’re .io — international big data team of 50+ people. We’re working on creating state of the art analytical platform for business. Analysts, engineers, sales managers, and marketers are part of our team.
We’re growing 10 times a year. Working with customers from all over the world including the USA and Europe. “Times” and “Forbes” are among them. We’re processing a huge amount of data (3.5 billion requests daily which are about the size of Russian Facebook).
We love answering complex questions. We hate bureaucracy. Working hard and celebrating growth together. Located in Kiev. Nice office near metro station.
Currently, we’re expanding our services both in terms of industries and locations.