• Bachelor or Masters degree, preferably in engineering.
• Intermediate spoken and written English.
• Available recommendations from former colleagues.
• 2 years experience in PHP: structural and object development, secure development, fault tolerant development.
• Strong database experience: Innodb & memory engines in Mysql, queries efficiency and optimization, efficient database architectures.
• Strong experience in building web applications across multiple servers and microservices architectures.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services.
• Practical knowledge in using job queues (Gearman) and asynchronous communication between servers.
• Vertica or any other columnar storage experience would be a great plus.
• Ubuntu console skills: getting system metrics, installing and configuring software.
• Experience with Redis, Elastic, Python or Nodejs would be a great plus.
• Real startup experience with overnight gains and losses;
• Huge amount of work and real potential to grow;
• Frequent salary reviews based on performance;
• Strongest team in the country;
• Company-driven learning (books, conferences, courses).
• Extend our 300+ servers hybrid cloud platform in terms of scalability and performance.
• Provide security and availability improvements.
• Manage younger professionals.
We are a product company developing a Big Data analysis platform for web apps. We are not that shops/blogs/websites and all that trash builders. We deal with highload, processing more than 1 billion requests per day. Strongest analytical team in Ukraine. We are looking for people willing to handle complex and challenging tasks and build something great with us.
— 1b+ requests daily
— 50+ servers
— 200+ customers (total 50m users every day)
— huge clients (5m+ unique users per day)
— growing twice every 6 months
— Vertica & MySQL for data processing
— Mongo for meta data
— Nginx for collecting and transferring data
— PHP for apps and scripts
— tons of utilities like Memcache, Nodejs, Redis, etc.
— microservices architecture
— cloud based development platform
— Amazon & DigitalOcean services