Our client is a company that enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
We are working on the Platform which provides the next generation of location based services intelligence. With every connected IoT device or sensor capable of generating and sharing location data, the Platform helps to make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations all in real-time. The Platform is meant to become the go-to destination for location services, supporting not only autonomous vehicles but smart cities and intelligent transportation systems too.
Why we rock?
- Data-centric development. We build mission-critical reusable components that run complex data pipelines at scale through data management, processing and distribution services and APIs;
- Visualized location intelligence. The maps rendering service we are working on is one of the key Platform’s client-facing features which helps businesses to make sense of location data by empowering 2D and 3D rendering capabilities of modern web browsers;
- The way of working. Fresh setup, minimum to none legacy processes and technologies, a good chance to start over with a clean slate;
- Best practices. Platform possesses strong background in continuous delivery approaches, automated testing, and employs the best DevOps practices to ensure the Platforms reliability at scale;
- Self-fulfillment. Stand at the roots of the Platform that will redefine how society thinks about location data and boost your professional value by mastering edge data management techniques.
We are looking for a seasoned Java engineer, who will join the R&D team in developing a mission-critical components of the Platform, which are set of services enhancing Data lifecycle.
As a team member you will:
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to design, implement, test and continually improve scalable web applications and services running on AWS;
- Develop products using Agile methods and tools;
- Develop commercial grade software that is user friendly and suitable for global audience;
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers;
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers;
- Participate in architecture and design efforts;
- Work closely with other engineers and testers to deliver high quality software on time.
- 5+ years software development experience building scalable commercial web applications or services;
- 3+ years experience with Java;
- Experience with Linux, and Linux based scripting;
- Hands-on experience of developing software with test automation or Test Driven Development;
- Strong service level design and programming ability;
- Fluency with Java 8 / 11;
- Experience with using Docker, Kubernetes and Helm;
- Experience with Git, Gitlab, review and continuous integration/continuous deployment;
- Understanding of data modeling techniques using relational and non-relational techniques;
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex distributed issues in a production environment;
- Upper-intermediate level of English, excellent communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Cucumber BDD testing;
- Experience with OpenAPI;
- Experience with Python as scripting language.’
Higher Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
Besides such basics as a competitive salary, comfortable and motivating work environment, here at Intellias we offer:
For your professional growth — Innovative projects with advanced technologies; Individual approach to professional and career growth (Personal Development Plan); Regular educational events with leading industry experts; English and German courses.
For your comfort — Flexible working hours; Spacious office with lots of meeting rooms; Relocation program; Kids’ room with professional baby-sitter (offices in Lviv & Kyiv).
For your health — 3 health packages to choose from — medical insurance, sports attendance or mix of both; Annual vitaminization program; Annual vaccination and ophthalmologist check-up.
For your leisure — Corporate celebrations and fun activities; On-site massages; Beauty parlor (offices in Lviv & Kyiv).