Our client is German-based company, with a mission to simplify SME finance by using technology to offer businesses a convenient one-stop destination for all their financing needs. In a non-transparent financing market, they are providing access to and the opportunity to compare modern and suitable financing products.
We are part of the client’s team. We starting a new team and a new page of our relation. Together we are working closely to drive further market innovations and growth.
We are looking for a talented open-minded DevOps who will bring his/her experience, intelligence, and inspiration to support our Team.
At FinCompare we are on a mission to simplify SME finance by using technology to offer businesses a convenient one-stop destination for all their financing needs. In a non-transparent financing market, we are providing access to and the opportunity to compare modern and suitable financing products. Therefore, we are looking for smart team members to join us on our journey to become Eurdrope’s biggest, most advanced and reliable SME financing platform.
Software Engineering is at the heart of FinCompare’s Business. We are looking to extend our remote and onsite team with driven individuals who find pleasure in delivering great solutions that lead our customers to success.
We want you to help us make impactful choices in an agile environment so that we stay ahead of the curve with innovative and effective products.
- Set up and support efficient and reliable CI/CD pipelines;
- Implement the appropriate DevOps practices for increasingly more ambitious continuous delivery;
- Help break down organizational silos and empower technical peers to contribute to DevOps practices successfully with a high degree of shared ownership;
- Ensure cluster stability with a growing number of microservices alongside a monolith;
- Review and help steer our service architecture for smooth operations;
- Improve our security practices, conduct internal penetration-tests;
- Document our infrastructure, push for infrastructure-as-code;
- Improve the maintainability of our operational automations;
- Ensure a high degree of observability of infrastructure and services.
- You have solid knowledge and experience with AWS and Container Orchestration (Docker);
- You are a competent incident-responder;
- You have a deep understanding of the development side as you have experienced it in a team beyond “scripting”;
- You have a proven track record of successfully creating and extending CI/CD pipelines;
- You are able to build up trusting relationships within your team;
- You enjoy teaching and turn mistakes into opportunities for personal growth;
- You have experience with typical data-stores, specifically MySQL, Postgres and Elasticsearch;
- You are skilled with the linux command line, networking and web technologies;
- You have a good understanding of IT security in general and web-security in particular;
- You are a good communicator and like to act as hands-on advocating for all topics devops;
- You are good at prioritizing and organizing your work;
- You enjoy leading from the front.
- Github, Slack, Atlassian Jira;
- 3 Swarm clusters (Production, Staging, Development), ~20 nodes;
- Swarm because our exting automation is wired against it and there seems no immediate advantage of migrating to (managed?) k8s;
- Development cluster is a multi-devenv setup per engineer;
- Multi-AZ, no single point of failure;
- Using a moderate diversity of AWS-services (EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, Elasticsearch, Elasticache, SNS/SQS, Secret Manager);
- Traefik as an ingress gateway for routing to environments and services;
- 1 Monolith (Django), 4 services (go), 2 Front-Ends (React);
- ELK Stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Sentry.io, Jaeger;
- Most CI/CD pipelines run on github actions, remainder on AWS codeBuild.
- Improve our operational stability and security while helping our team to deliver better software to production faster.
DevOps Roadmap Today:
- Ensure top-level routing consistency and robust namespacing;
- Consolidate and simplify infrastructure configuration files and scripts;
- Consolidate/Improve graphs/dashboards that Developers should look at;
- Improve the information density in deploy notifications in slack;
- Ensure reliable and accurate “broken build” detection/notification;
- Separate staging and production deploy information and improve signal-to-noise ratio;
- Provide a “gold master” deploy pipeline for future services to simply copy/re-use;
- Integrate upcoming cypress.io an end2end tests in our release processes;
- Provide the ability to receive push-metrics from running software;
- Create a cluster disaster recovery handbook / script and conduct fire drills;
- Commence an in-house security audit / pentest;
- Document our patch-management;
- Review and improve our DevOps practices with the team.