Intechsoft is looking for a Senior Linux Software Engineer to join a project in the field of aerospace equipment and systems development.
Our client is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft, as well as helicopters and space applications.
The successful candidate will be joining the Software Development team designing and creating our next generation of Inflight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) systems. We’re looking for a highly motivated and passionate Senior Software Engineer who can step up and contribute to that direction.
As Linux Software Engineer, you are responsible for the development of our existing and new aeronautical products. As part of the software development team and in collaboration with project management, you will be involved in requirements engineering, software architecture decisions, the software development itself as well as unit testing. Depending on the project, you will be in exchange with other departments like software testing and production. Integration of software and hardware from internal and external suppliers can be a part of your daily work. We configure our Linux operating systems by ourselves and depending on the project you can also get involved with IP networking topics. You will be involved in coordinating the development of our software, shaping the future of our aeronautical products.
• Successfully completed studies in computer sciences or another comparable study program, or a successfully completed training in a comparable IT profession
• 5+ years of object-oriented software development experience
• Experience in defining software requirements and designing system architecture
• Very good knowledge of programming and script languages, e.g. C++, Python, Bash
• Experience in using third-party and open source libraries like Qt is advantageous
• IP network skills (packet routing, virtual machines) are advantageous
• Knowledge of software version control tools, Confluence and JIRA
• Very good English communication skills, German communication skills are advantageous
• Be proactive, organized and a team player
• Location: Europe
• Define software requirements and architecture for our aeronautical products
• Develop software, implement unit tests and maintain existing or new software components
• Engage in integration tasks of software and hardware from internal and external suppliers
• Technical guidance and coordination of a small project-related group of developers
• Take care of the build environment or integrate in existing environments
• Get involved in Linux operating system configurations of our products
• Document requirements and implementation details
• Be enthusiastic about Linux projects!
What we offer:
• Paid sick leave/vacation days (6/15 working days per year).
• Open management and friendly dynamic team (awesome team of professionals always ready to help).
• Remote work — our team has been successfully operating all over the world.
• Business trips to Germany.