Our company Intechsoft (Kharkiv, Ukraine), which provides solutions for CGF AG (Munich, Germany), is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer (product — leading SaaS cloud platform for mid and back-office processes in the energy industry).
In January, our client launched a Europe-wide tender procedure for a new billing platform (TAP) for the market roles of supplier, grid operator, and metering point operator in the energy industry. the client is the largest cooperative network of municipal energy and water service providers in Germany with more than 100 municipal utilities in the Group.
The platform is to set a new standard in the energy industry. A total of 38 municipal utilities and energy suppliers have opted for TAP. The solution offers customers competitive services at economical prices according to the pay-per-use principle. Just like PowerCloud, the system is modularly structured as a cloud architecture and software-as-a-service and sets new technological standards. Users can assemble the necessary elements according to the modular principle.
To further drive forward our international growth momentum, we are looking for team players that identify themselves with our spirit and mindset. This means proactively bringing in new ideas and driving standardization that helps our partners and PowerCloud become the digital champions of the utility industry.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, high performer, and able to embrace change in a fast-growing organization.
- Responsibility for the design, development, and maintenance of our microservices and extend our open platform for the energy industry.
- Work on scalable components that perform financial transactions, billing, and pricing for millions of energy consumers and metering points.
- Analyze our legacy components in terms of throughput, latency, security, and reliability and proactively drive refactorings and rebuilds.
- You have a degree in computer science or a related subject.
- You have profound experience as a backend engineer.
- You have hands-on coding skills in Microservice architectures using Java 8+, Spring Boot, Hibernate, or related JVM-based technology Stacks.
- You have a background working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ, NATs, or Kafka
- You have experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, preferably MySQL
- You have strong conceptual knowledge of OO patterns, Domain-Driven Design, and database design.
- You have strong technical coaching and mentoring skills.
- You are proficient in English and keen to work in an international environment.
Our tech stack
- Java 16.
- Spring Boot as a framework (Hibernate as data access layer).
- JUnit as a test framework.
- MySQL and MariaDB or AuroraDB in the Amazon AWS Cloud.
- Atlassian development tools (Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Jira).
What we offer
- You are going to be part of a vibrant and international developer team that revolutionizes the energy industry with leading-edge technologies.
- We know that our employees make a difference. Therefore we take care of every team member individually and provide manifold training opportunities.
- Our teams work with agile methods without outdated structures.
- We offer you an environment in which you can fulfill yourself and that enables your success as part of the whole.
- Possibility to work from the Kharkiv office or remotely.
- Paid sick leave/vacation days (6/15 working days per year).
- Stability and excellent conditions for long-term cooperation.
- English speaking club, German lessons, internal courses, certifications, and other educational activities.
- Board games, parties, team buildings, and corporate events.
- Delicious coffee / tea / biscuits / fruit / milk in the office.
*Potentially possible short business trips to Germany.