• 5+ years of experience in software development
• Strong technical capability in full-stack development for example including databases, microservices, RESTful interfaces, frontend development, continuous integration and cloud deployment
• Experience in designing, building and running low latency, scalable, reliable and secure cloud-based systems for a large number of users
• Strong knowledge of RDBMS (e.g. Postgresql) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis) etc.
• Proficient in Python
• Experience of web frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Tornado)
• Good knowledgeable of back-end systems and RESTful architectures exposing API to mobile apps
• 1 to 2 years of experience in a role(s) where you had direct leadership and responsibility for software engineers on your team
• Experience using SCRUM or other Agile methodologies.
• Experience recruiting staff and building development teams
• Great team player with excellent communication skills and work ethic
• Ability to network across an organization and manage stakeholders effectively
• Cultivates respect and provides credibility with peers and team
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Proven ability to deliver commercial software to deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent proficiency in English, written and spoken
• Previous experience of working internationally and with different cultures a bonus
• Prepared to travel to other Navenio offices (UK) as needed
We’d love it if:
• You’ve worked in a R&D environment before or are enthusiastic to do so
• Experience with React or other client-side application frameworks
• Experienced with AWS or other cloud platforms
• Being a part of an international team focused on excellence in product development;
• Professional growth and cross-location knowledge sharing;
• Health insurance including dental care, inpatient/outpatient treatment, massage, etc.;
• Flexible working arrangements: from 8-10am to 5-7pm;
• 22 workdays of annual vacation;
• Free English classes;
• Modern office facilities in the city centre (Gulliver BC, Palats Sportu Metro Station);
• Team buildings and fun activities;
• Dynamic and friendly work environment;
• Snacks in the office
We’re at an exciting stage of growth and we are currently assisting Navenio in setting up two development teams in Kiev, consisting of one Team Leader, two React.JS developers, three backend Python developers and GIS technicians. You’ll be given real responsibility and autonomy, along with being empowered to contribute to suggest features and realise improvements. Navenio is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
As a Team Leader, you will manage and build a new development team and run successful product developments for Navenio in Kiev. This position reports to the Head of Product.
The initial focus of the role is to establish a new development team in Kiev, and to ensure effective integration within the wider organization. You will need to absorb and promote Navenio’s mission, vision and values within your team. You will demonstrate early successes in providing value to Navenio by the development of new product capabilities to a high quality and within agreed timelines. You will provide a strong technical guidance to your team, as well as having a key focus on team development.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Being an ambassador for Navenio’s mission, vision and values within a newly forming team in Kiev. Providing a positive and engaging work environment for new and existing colleagues forming the team.
• Liaise with colleagues in UK on reviewing and aligning product roadmap, the product vision and the project definition and scope for projects to be run with high degree of autonomy from Navenio’s Kiev office.
• Take a strong technical lead on architecture design and choices for projects run in Kiev, working with peers in the UK to ensure overall consistency of Navenio’s product architecture and choices on technologies, tools and processes.
• Take responsibility for day-to-day team management, including running a local scrum team, technical problem solving, and managing performance to ensure a highly motivated, productive and focused team.
• Take a key role in future recruitment for additional planned growth into the Kiev office from 2020 onwards.
• Work cross functionally with Admin, HR, IT and Finance functions both in Kiev and UK to ensure smooth operation of the Kiev office.
• You will be travelling between 2 to 4 weeks for Oxford, UK for your initial Induction and may travel to other Navenio offices (UK) as needed.
INSCALE is a European offshore development company with offices based in Denmark, Malaysia, Portugal, Ukraine and Macedonia. We establish permanent development teams for European and Australian companies with ongoing development of software applications. Each team works as an integrated part of the customer’s organization. We offer our employees an opportunity to work on exciting projects and learn the western development procedures and culture. We have an informal Scandinavian management style where you will have autonomy and responsibility allowing you to develop your skills and grow your value as an IT professional.
We greatly value what our employees contribute to INSCALE, and always strive to reward our employees with challenging work and competitive environment. We are more than 500 employees representing numerous nationalities, which makes our work environment internationally oriented, diverse and encourages collaboration internally and regionally.
For more information, see www.inscale.net
Navenio Limited is a software technology company, headquartered in Oxford, UK. Navenio has developed infrastructure-free, highly scalable, accurate and robust indoor location solutions — built on award-winning and world-leading research from the University of Oxford. We utilize existing smartphone devices to localize people within a broad range of indoor contexts. Navenio is at an exciting stage of its growth trajectory as we expand our business and our technology to service large numbers of customers in the healthcare sector and adjacent markets and develop additional product offerings for those markets.
Navenio is an eclectic team of over forty talented individuals from more than ten different countries around the world. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of varying backgrounds, heritages and ages.
For more information on Navenio, please visit: www.navenio.com