• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years as a Lead/Senior Ruby developer
• 5+ years in Ruby/ROR development
• 2+ years of front-end development experience. Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS.
• Experience with Continuous Integration, Testing and GT version control is an added advantage.
• Readiness to work with the distributed team
• Ability to pull tasks from the backlog rather than waiting for a push
• Fluency in English and Russian is a must
• Ability to work as a part of international team spanning several time zones
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to align own activities with project requirements seamlessly.
• Knowledge of following technologies are nice to have: Sinatra, Angular.js, Trailblazer, Python, Java, Scala, Cassandra
• Italian speaker is a plus
• Opportunity to work with very experience architects and senior developers
• Interesting and challenging work in a fast-growing, customer-oriented technology company
• An international and multicultural working environment with experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
• Plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and progress in your career
• Very attractive salary and compensation package
• Medical insurance and dental insurance
• Scandinavian culture
• Flat organisation
• The best computer technic you need
• Modern office in the center of Kyiv (BC ’’Gulliver’’, coworking ’’Creative Quarter’’)
• Ability to learn from mistakes, both yours and others’
• Designs, codes, corrects, documents and tests complex or particularly challenging programs and scripts according to the defined specifications
• Responsible for the performance of the SW development process through own share of the work and activities.
• Has a key role in defining technical specifications and work estimates of development work
• Work requires investigation, definition, and resolution of complex issues
• Requires adoption of continuous learning in relation to knowledge, methodologies, and frameworks relevant to own specialization area
• Requires driving own development proactively
• Makes decisions that impact the project success and fulfillment of project team objectives and indirectly to the allocation of resources
• Shows and takes responsibility for fulfilling customer needs and solving customer issues.
About the company?
INSCALE is a European offshore development company based in Kiev, Kuala Lumpur, Skopje, Lisbon. We establish permanent development teams for European and Australian companies with ongoing development of software applications. Each team works as an integrated part of the customer’s organization. We offer our employees an opportunity to work on exciting projects and learn the western development procedures and culture. We have an informal Scandinavian management style where you will have autonomy and responsibility allowing you to develop your skills and grow your value as an IT professional.
For more information, see www.inscale.net
About the project/product?
Qvantel is a leading global provider of cloud-based Business Support Solutions (BSS) and IT consulting services, which help telecom operators achieve maximum business efficiency and stand out from the competition through excellent customer experience. We are a fast-growing company; headquarters in Finland; over 700 IT professionals in six countries (Finland, Estonia, Spain, Sweden, USA and India) and a 2016 revenue of 40 MEUR and aiming to 100 MEUR 2017.
For more information, see www.qvantel.com
About your role?
Competence, commitment, and care lead our way and combine us. Hopefully, you share our values on your journey to become the newest member of the Qvantelee family! Due to Qvantel’s business growth, we are currently assisting them to strengthen their Development unit with passionate ROR Engineers in Kiev, Ukraine.
Would you want to be part of a team of experts working with the best tools and gadgets while engaging in co-creation with our international customers? We have open positions for developers with different backgrounds. You can be a back-end or front-end developer or be able to handle the whole stack. Positive, gets-things-done attitude and a good sense of humor will get you far. If you happen to have previous relevant domain knowledge (BSS, telecom), that would be great but not mandatory.
In addition, you have at least a basic understanding of Software Design Patterns and Architectures, writing automated tests is part of your programming routine and you are familiar with Git or similar version control.
We’re interested in people who are already confident with most of the main technologies. We also want you to have attitude and motivation to study new technologies. The key is your enthusiasm towards new technologies and having a curious mind to experiment with different approaches.