• At least 3+ years experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience using tools such as cURL against REST / JSON based endpoints
• Linux background (Ubuntu or RHEL, Secure Linux would be excellent)
• Experience in deploying and configuring distributed solutions
• Product experience, as opposed to project (roadmaps, upgrades, migration, versions, multiple streams)
• Git user
• Upper-Intermediate level of English
• Ability to work as a part of an international team spanning several time zones
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to align own activities with project requirements seamlessly
• Working within Agile teams
• Experience in Build/Deployment tools (Jenkins, Drone.io, Ansible)
• Experience deployment/management of any/some of Kafka, HTTP, SSL, Key/Trust stores, VPN configuration, knowledge of messaging systems, high scale/volume data processing, Big Data etc.
• Experience using Mesos and Marathon clusters with Docker images/registries
• Experience in Terraform and Azure
• Experience in Cassandra, Kafka or Elastic Search at scale
• Kubernetes and Podman experience
• Experience in delivering and supporting a data product, ideally at SaaS scale
• Creative, challenging and fast-growing product
• Autonomous team structure with a lot of freedom and ownership
• Opportunities to own development start to finish
• Broad and advanced technology stack — huge opportunity to learn
• Friendly and dynamic work environment
• Informal style of leadership and communication
• Opportunity to enjoy working with senior engineers, architects, scientists and managers that understand the value of technology
• Health insurance including dental care, inpatient/outpatient treatment, massage, etc.
• Flexible working arrangements
• 22 workdays of annual vacation
• One additional day-off on a team member’s birthday
• Free English classes
• Modern office facilities in the city center (Gulliver BC, Palats Sportu metro station)
• Team buildings and fun activities
• The dynamic and friendly work environment
• Snacks in the office
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to assist the development, services and support teams manage multiple environments, products, and rollouts.
You will be extremely familiar with the Linux operating system (Ubuntu and RHEL, ideally), shell scripting, and use of tools such as curl to manage multiple third-party tools.
Working knowledge of SSL communication and key/certificate stores would be an advantage.
You will have experience in both deploying and configuring third-party software on Linux and using tools such as Ansible to build deployment and configuration scripts.
Knowledge of Terraform and Azure is a plus.
The technology stack is Elastic, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Angular with Docker/Mesos/Marathon for deployment and Grafana/Prometheus for monitoring. Knowledge of some of these, along with their associated management tools would be an advantage. You’ll get the opportunity to work on leading-edge technology, trying out ideas and new ways to solve problems before getting them into production environments.
Our technologies are all distributed and make use of clusters so experience in managing clusters of servers would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for multiple environments used by various teams. You will also be responsible for building utilities for the development team to make developing software more efficient. For example, scripts to configure a local environment in a specific way for debugging purposes.
The role is based in Kyiv and will work alongside the development and test teams based in that office.
INSCALE is a European offshore development company based in Denmark, Malaysia, Macedonia, and Ukraine. We establish permanent development teams for European and Australian companies with the ongoing development of software applications. Each team works as an integrated part of the customer’s organization. We offer our employees an opportunity to work on exciting projects and learn the western development procedures and culture. We have an informal Scandinavian management style where you will have autonomy and responsibility allowing you to develop your skills and grow your value as an IT professional.
Napier AI is a FinTech company based in Central London. We have offices in London, Kyiv and Singapore, with over fifty staff around the world. We are a product company, providing advanced Anti-Money Laundering (AML) solutions to over a hundred customers around the world. We replace or reinforce existing AML processes, identify previously unknown threats and strengthen controls. Our goal: to combat evolving threats and reduce financial and reputational risk. www.napier.ai. We have partnerships with respected global organizations such as Refinitiv, Dow Jones and Lexis Nexis and count some large household-name organizations amongst our customers.
Our product ingests and enriches large amounts of data and then scores, enriches and analyses it to allow our customers to identify unusual behavior in their customers. This requires a combination of excellent architects, engineers, designers, user-interface teams and data scientists. We have developed an underlying platform with powerful capabilities and have built an industry-specific solution on top of that that solve real-world problems.
We have a well-defined, well-funded roadmap and expect to grow our teams significantly during 2021. Our engineering team is entirely based in Kyiv and we’re looking for talented individuals to help us achieve our goals.