• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• At least 2+ years’ experience of Scala development (or strong Java experience with some recent commercial experience in Scala and willingness to switch)
• Scala experience building back-end micro-services that run using Docker
• Experience building REST / JSON based endpoints
• Linux background (Ubuntu or RHEL)
• Confident Git user
• Ability to pull tasks from the backlog rather than waiting for a push
• Upper-Intermediate level of English
• Ability to work as a part of an international team spanning several time zones
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to align own activities with project requirements seamlessly
• Experience in Play, Akka, Cats, GraphQL libraries
• Experience in Apache Spark, Cassandra, or Elastic Search
• Experience in any/some of Kafka, Akka Streams, SSL, knowledge of messaging systems, high scale/volume data processing, Big Data, etc.
• Creative, challenging, and fast-growing product
• Autonomous team structure with a lot of freedom and ownership
• Opportunities to own development start to finish
• Broad and advanced technology stack — huge opportunity to learn
• Friendly and dynamic work environment
• Informal style of leadership and communication
• Opportunity to enjoy working with senior engineers, architects, scientists, and managers that understand the value of technology
• Health insurance including dental care, inpatient/outpatient treatment, massage, etc.
• Flexible working arrangements: from
• 22 workdays of annual vacation
• One additional day-off on a team member’s birthday
• Free English classes
• Modern office facilities in the city center (Gulliver BC, Palats Sportu metro station)
• Team buildings and fun activities
• The dynamic and friendly work environment
• Snacks in the office
We are currently assisting Napier to extend the development team in Kyiv, Ukraine. For this team, we are looking for an all-round Scala Developer. What’s critical is an ability to own and solve problems end-to-end in creative and agile ways. Knowing how to research and use OSS, how to approach a problem, how to fit work into an existing product, and how to design your solution to fit the deadline is important to the client. If you can show evidence of an exceptional software development background we’d love to talk.
Our stack is Elastic, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Angular with Docker/Mesos/Marathon for deployment. You’ll get the opportunity to work on leading-edge technology, trying out ideas, and new ways to solve problems before getting them into production environments.
INSCALE is a European offshore development company based in Denmark, Malaysia, Macedonia, and Ukraine. We establish permanent development teams for European and Australian companies with the ongoing development of software applications. Each team works as an integrated part of the customer’s organization. We offer our employees an opportunity to work on exciting projects and learn the western development procedures and culture. We have an informal Scandinavian management style where you will have autonomy and responsibility allowing you to develop your skills and grow your value as an IT professional.
Napier AI is a FinTech company based in Central London. We have offices in London, Kyiv, and Singapore, with over fifty staff around the world. We are a product company, providing advanced Anti-Money Laundering (AML) solutions to over a hundred customers around the world. We replace or reinforce existing AML processes, identify previously unknown threats, and strengthen controls. Our goal: to combat evolving threats and reduce financial and reputational risk. www.napier.ai. We have partnerships with respected global organizations such as Refinitiv, Dow Jones, and Lexis Nexis and count some large household-name organizations amongst our customers.
Our product ingests and enriches large amounts of data and then scores enrich and analyses it to allow our customers to identify unusual behavior in their customers. This requires a combination of excellent architects, engineers, designers, user-interface teams, and data scientists. We have developed an underlying platform with powerful capabilities and have built an industry-specific solution on top of that that solves real-world problems.
We have a well-defined, well-funded roadmap and expect to grow our teams significantly during 2021. Our engineering team is entirely based in Kyiv and we’re looking for talented individuals to help us achieve our goals.