Senior Software Development Engineer in Test will be responsible for the several activities of software testing (60% automated testing / 40% manual) — analyzing requirements, writing test cases, execution of automated test cases, development of automation scripts for UI, API and db; help other teams with automated test solutions for their scope; analyzing and comparing data in multiple databases.
Person should be capable of keeping up with aggressive timelines and close follow up on the issues and attention to the details.
About the project:
Founded in 2014, AdvisorEngine was the first company to integrate private-label robo-advice within a full enterprise B2B digital wealth management technology platform.
Built from the beginning specifically for financial advisors, AdvisorEngine enables advisors to serve traditional wealth management clients and fully digital clients entirely from a single platform. AdvisorEngine serves more than 1,200 financial advisory firms in the United States that manage over $600 billion in assets.
The main idea of this project is to enhance AdvisorEngine’s engineering capabilities with a distributed engineering team that will help the company scale its technologies and features and get to the new markets.
- Drive software quality assurance lifecycle as part of Agile process and deliver high-quality releases on time;
- Establish test strategies, design test plans and test cases;
- Develop automated tests for stories in sprint or for existing feature
- Execute automated tests, debug and resolve issues, track and prioritize defects.
- At least 4 years of experience in Web testing
- Good SQL knowledge. Ability to write complex SQL queries. Compare result sets.
- Experience with automated API testing
- Automation experience with Java: Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, Rest.
- Experience with TestRail (or any other TMS systems)
- Hands-on experience in Maven, Jenkins CI/CD;
- Hands-on experience with Linux;
- Proficient with distributed version control systems (GIT);
Additional technologies you would have chance to work with:
- AWS, k8s
- Selenoid, GGR
- Jenkins pipeline scripts
- ETL tests
Must have skills:
- Quick learning capability of environment and new tools
- Enthusiastic to learn new tools and technologies
- Think creative, smart and come up with new ideas to improvise the testing process
- Adapt to changing environment and system requirements
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of distributed systems architecture
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and open-minded style of communication
- Work-life balance — the most important thing for us. We usually don’t have any overtime, but if yes — they are paid. In INSART we are committed to making work enjoyable first.
- Education & self-development possibilities: regular free technology fin-tech events and workshops. If you are interested in investment and other fin-tech news, you are on the right path with us. English classes for more confident speaking at meetings. Corporate library with accumulated knowledge for everyone who loves to read and to learn something new.
- Flexible working conditions — yes. You can have a fully comfortable work mode, just stick to deadlines and attend work meetings. Our engineers usually prefer to sleep up to 11am, but if you need to start your work earlier — we will figure something out. Maybe we’ll send them a morning rooster, why not?
- Fully remote. Yes, we prefer to work from home, but if you need to escape from your annoying someone’s (pets, relatives, neighbors, etc.) to the lounge-office — just call us. We’ll share its address for you.
- Friendly and professional team. Mature management. No time-trackers, only Jira timesheet filling once per month. Performance and salary evaluation process once per year depending on productivity results. Career growth opportunities inside the project and company also.
- Medical insurance package. Fully health insurance package for you and your family as needed from our partners — UNIQA medical service. Paid sick leave and 4 weeks of paid vacation from INSART as well.
- Interview stages: usually it’s a short call with the recruiter, up to 20 min + tech interview with our team + final offer call (30-60 min). We always share the feedback, no matter what results it keeps.
- Providing all the necessary staff that you need for a productive workday. You can work from your lovely laptop or you can ask us for the working one.