Infront X is seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team. We are a diverse group of committed, innovative, status quo challengers. We have many different talents and passions and we infuse all of that into our work everyday. We provide end-to-end services from proprietary products to engineering & architecture, front and back-end development to staff augmentation and project governance in B2B and D2C models. We innovate with new technology to create immersive experiences that digital natives crave to facilitate connections between consumers and the brands they love.
In this role, you will work with a modern stack of technologies to create digital solutions for the biggest names in sports, media, entertainment, and active lifestyle. We believe in code review and team communications.
- Expert knowledge of Shell and Python, intermediate knowledge of Ruby, Node.js, basic experience with GO
- Expert knowledge of operation systems (Debian-like, RedHat-like), advanced knowledge of Windows
- Advanced knowledge of AWS, intermediate of Azure. Basic knowledge of other cloud providers (like Google Cloud)
- Advanced knowledge of Platform Agnostic Configuration and Infrastructure Control and Management
- Expert knowledge of networking (routing, protocols, balancing, VPN, SSL/TLS)
- Advanced knowledge of StatusCake, SumoLogic, Datadog, New Relic, Prometheus/Grafana. Intermediate knowledge of other monitoring and logs tools.
- Expert knowledge of Bitbucket, GitHub, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, advanced knowledge of other build and deploy tools (Bamboo, GitLab);
- Advanced knowledge of containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Expert knowledge of web servers (Apache, Nginx, Node.js), experience with other web servers as a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Service Mech (Istio, Envoy, Consul).
- Leads DevOps engineers who works within multidisciplinary service teams to help design, build and run services that are scalable, secure and easy to operate
- Provides and operates a high quality Continuous Integration environment for internal and external projects, gradually adding Application Lifecycle Management components to allow the DevOps department to rapidly build new systems and services in ways which are secure, available, and performant
- Provides an expertise internally within a discipline(s) and may provide strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the company in order to provide technical solutions to meet user and business needs
- Analyses business’ operations to understand its strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions
- Formulates, defines and provides costing for business processes’ redesign and documentation for new technology or changes to existing technology to meet technical requirements, as well as makes recommendations for buy vs. build decisions
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and information technology from initial requirements to the final implementation
- Displays insight in identifying risks and critical issues and develops workable solutions
- Ensures standardized, mature change management and release management processes and automate deployment and maintenance procedures using industry-standard scripting languages
- Serves as a gatekeeper for infrastructure and system deployments; establishes controls and processes around these functions
Infrastructure Operations and Architecture
- Supports and deploys mission critical, customer facing, front-end and back-end production SAAS environments
- Improves site performance, monitoring, and overall stability of SAAS platforms
- Interacts with the Engineering for supporting / maintaining / designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Automation of deployment, customization, upgrading and monitoring through DevOps tools meant for Cloud management
- Disaster recovery design, implementation, and maintenance
- Proactively monitors server systems
Build and deploy
- Planning infrastructure and pipelines for projects, keep all up-to-date, implementing new building and deploying tools and technologies
- Create infrastructure diagrams that defines platforms, connections, and access
- Defines Disaster Recovery plans and reviews with business and technical team members
- Create and maintains SOP within confluence for related tasks across accounts, and reviews SOPs with DevOps and Technical Support teams when applicable
Learning and training
- Plans training strategy for the team
- Participating in project planning calls, calls with clients, internal calls, calls with vendors and contractors
- Has superior verbal and written communication skills, juggles multiple tasks at once, works independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure
About Infront X
At Infront X, we empower brands to build unique relationships by creating digital products & experiences people love. We specialize in helping sports, media, and entertainment organizations make deeper connections with their audiences through leading-edge technology, data-driven strategy, and impeccable design.
Headquartered in Switzerland and with 9 offices across North America and Europe, we are proud of the impact we’ve helped create for elite organizations like the PGA TOUR, Verizon, NASCAR, FOX, Chelsea FC, AS Roma, Comedy Central, the International Ski Federation and the International Basketball Federation, among countless others.