- Excellent knowledge of OOP, including: design patterns, Activity, Sequence, and Class diagrams
- Experience with Java SE8, Spring Boot 2, Maven, Hibernate, Spring Data
- REST API
- SQL / Oracle
- Any modern JS UI framework
- Junit, Mockito, Powermock, Cucumber
- Cooperate with remote/distributed teams from multiple countries and time zones independently
- Resolve complex issues in collaboration with the team
- Improve and align your own working methods with the team as well as sharing expertise and lessons learned
- Create documentation on technical designs and architecture for others
- Adapt well to priority changes
- Manage your own Development process following product standard and coding guidelines
Our customer is SAP company which is the leader in business applications production. The project relates to IoT and Manufacturing Execution areas. It is mostly a custom development; however, there is also an integration with ERP services. Some tasks presuppose performing Front-End Development of the functionality. Formally, it is a full stack with approximately 80% of back-end and 20% of front-end functionality. We use Oracle and Hana for data storing and processing. We apply Scrum and Agile Software Engineering practices including User Story Mapping, Unit Testing and Test Driven Development. We have a distributed team located in Ukraine, Germany, the US and India with key people like Product Owners and Architects all in Ukraine.
The scope of the tasks ranges from the data collecting and processing to the charts building using specific maths.
Generally we are working on the Discrete Manufacturing Automation which is a part of the Industry 4.0 domain.
The main challenge for the candidate is an ability to work in a stand-alone mode with a close cooperation with the one of the SAP architects on delivering the new functionality to the existing SAP products.
Taking into account the SAP strategy of the migration to cloud, there is a lot of work with both SAP Cloud Foundry based cloud services and Azure integration.
As a bonus, you will get a chance to join the SAP architectural team if you are skillful enough and eager to share your ideas in order to improve the solution.