Infopulse welcomes talented professionals to join and to cooperate with us as a Junior/Middle Scala Developer. Our Customer is a multinational group dealing with mapping, location data and related automotive services to individuals and companies. It is majority-owned by a consortium of German automotive companies: Audi, BMW, the Mercedes-Benz Group.
As a Scala Developer you will help to build a next generation car navigation as a service product. You will be a part of an international team, working in an agile environment, building distributed and highly available backend services. You will have the opportunity to work with modern technologies: Scala, Akka HTTP, Typescript, React JS, Kubernetes and many of the AWS services. You will work on challenging problems and have a great impact on our product.
Areas of Responsibility
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle including continuous delivery to production
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the product
- Develop highly scalable and reliable backend services
- Write clean, tested and well-documented code
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate efficiently with your colleagues within the team and across teams
- 2+ years of software development experience, building and maintaining production backend systems
- Solid experience in Scala, designing and building distributed, scalable and high-performance web services
- Experience with Helm/Kubernetes
- Extensive knowledge of software engineering best practices, covering the full software engineering lifecycle
- Intermediate + level of English
- Good communication skills, ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex topics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field