Infopulse is currently looking for a talented Scrum Master.
Our customer is one of the Big Four companies providing audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services.
As a Scrum Master you will be joining the UK Digital Services team within our Enabling Functions. Our purpose as a team is to engage with and co-create consumer grade digital experiences for our own employees so that they feel supported and inspired by the firm. In this role, you will be responsible for leading our multi functional product management and development through Agile and Scrum practices on a day to day basis.
Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborating with and aligning technical and non-technical team members to translate customer needs into world-class solutions
- Leading / coaching teams new to Agile methodologies
- Identify / Manage / Mitigate risks and dependencies to prevent issues
- Align / Ensure end-to-end solution success and readiness including working with teams to define the definition of done, and definition of ready
- Provide / Accept continuous feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Ensure Scrum ceremonies are collaborative, occur on time, and adhere to “best practice”
- Hosts & sets up Daily Stand-up Meetings, Sprint Planning Meetings, Retrospectives and Reviews
- Leading teams through release management retros
- Successfully onboarding new team members
- Promote a healthy and sustainable work environment by using teams’ average velocity to properly size Sprints
- Coordinate cross functionally to remove blockers and manage dependencies
- Continuously drive execution and accountability
- Monitor / Communicate solution status
- When needed, do “whatever it takes” to ensure success
- Maintain and champion the team Wiki and ensure that documentation is kept up to date
What you’ll deliver:
- Daily stand ups, bi-weekly planning and retrospectives sessions for each product workstream (currently three).
- Retro summary email to leadership team
- Sprint Review Skeleton documents
- Burn down chart
- Planning & estimation — Deliver book of work for the week with each ticket/user story estimated
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience as a Scrum master and ideally have, or are in the process of completing, a Scrum Master qualification.
Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams of designers, developers and product leads is essential, and experience of working within a large corporate organisation is desirable.
The successful candidate will also be familiar with the use Kanban/Scrum and understand DevOps principles.
Use of Azure DevOps would be beneficial, although full training will be provided.
- Ability to analyse and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Ability to collaborate with and lead a team
- Attention to detail and follow up — nothing escapes you or falls through the cracks
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills