● 5+ years of work experience as Ruby developer
● Ruby on Rails 4/5 at least for 1 year
● Experience in Test Driven Development is a MUST (RSpec, Capybara)
● Good understanding of automated testing and debug
● Comfortable with the UNIX/Linux command line
● Practical experience with RDBMS
● Experience with Sidekiq
● English: Intermediate B1+
● Experience in pair programming
● Experience implementing APIs
● Experience with VIM, TMUX
● Loves working in an Agile environment
● Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with US Team
● World-class team who are ready to share knowledge
● Work Onsite; relocation compensation package
● Flexible hours — The ability to work when you want, and take off when you want
● Competitive salaries
● Long-term employment with paid working-days vacation and other social benefits
● Lack of bureaucracy; the opportunity to discuss and influence on the architecture of the project decisions.
● Workplace with best hardware (prepared upon your requirements)
● Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities
● Corporate English classes
● Comfortable office with warm atmosphere located in Downtown Kyiv (Near University and Vokzal’na Metro Stations)
● Business trips to US
● Ability to travel and experience new places and cultures with HA team (Travel opportunities and adventures are available, but not required)
● Always fresh fruits and drinks
Human Agency Platform is a venture backed, software product that gives everyone an equal voice. We’re using digital ads to solve problems that have real impact on people’s lives and on society as a whole.
We are seeking a Ruby Engineer that shares our passion for change. As a Ruby Engineer on our team, you drive change by fostering an environment that embraces Extreme Programming, TDD, and properly designed software. As an experienced developer, you understand how to scale a Rails application while avoiding common concurrency pitfalls. You are ever vigilant to Rails exploits and you love working closely with others.
Human Agency is building a world where the most powerful tools of media and technology can and should be used to advance the values and goals of people. Digital advertising today is profit-centered, more complex than it needs to be, and is currently monopolised by those who have existing knowledge, tools and resources. We’re here to change that!
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are looking for values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what’s unfolding in the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
We love building software that changes the world and we would love for you to join us.
Accept the challenge >> humanagency.org/jobs