ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Core/Engine Programmer will be responsible for designing and developing core engine systems for OTG (Off The Grid), an all-new AAA Battle Royale 2.0 third-person shooter, due for release on PlayStation®5, Xbox® Series X|S and PC. They will work closely with other programmers, artists, and designers to ensure the game is performant, scalable, and feature-rich. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of game engine architecture and be able to design and implement systems that meet our technical and gameplay requirements.
As a Senior Core/Engine Programmer, you will:
- Get deep into the internals of the Unreal Engine 5 to make it work with our game.
- Optimize game and engine performance and scalability for current and future hardware.
- Debug and solve complex technical problems related to the engine.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies in game engine development.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior programmers.
- At least 5 years of experience in game engine programming, with a focus on Unreal Engine.
- Strong understanding of game engine architecture, including rendering, physics, AI, and networking.
- Proficiency in C++ and other relevant programming languages.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong understanding of game design principles and gameplay mechanics.
- Experience with multiplayer game development.
- Verbal and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of other game engines and development platforms.
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue-Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership