ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is seeking a Senior UI Artist to work within our UI/UX team to create and maintain high-quality UI assets for our game. The Senior UI Artist is responsible for visual and interaction design that adheres to a cohesive style guide and maintains consistency throughout visual elements and behaviours.
- As a Senior UI Artist, you will:
- Collaborate with a UX designer to determine functionality and usability requirements
- Design and create UI components (menus, stats and inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, etc.) from Visual Comps to completed Features
- Collaborate and communicate with art directors, UI lead, UX designers, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game UI
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of UI tools and processes
- 5+ years of professional experience in Visual/User Interface Art with a strong portfolio
- Experience creating assets and styles for User Interfaces on at least one published game, console preferred, having completed an entire development cycle
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, motion graphics, information architecture, and the ability to generate design ideas
- Extensive experience with 2D art and authoring tools like Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, and AfterEffects
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Strong traditional art skills
- Experience working with 3D will be a plus
- Ability to work with, instruct, and provide feedback to team members, externally and internally
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate on work throughout the development
- Task-driven, self-motivated and proactive
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines
- Experience using Unreal Engine or other game engines a strong plus
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.