GT was founded in 2019 by a former Apple, Nest, and Google executive. GT’s mission is to connect the world’s best talent with product careers offered by high-growth companies in the UK, USA, Canada, Germany, and the Netherlands.
On behalf of Where You At, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer to work on its web application and make nights out safer for everyone.
About Where You At
WYA — it’s the app that allows groups of friends to stay in touch with each other inside venues even when there is no signal. Its indoor location system, offline messaging service, and PING features work together in tandem to protect people in vulnerable situations, giving users back a sense of control and confidence.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be working on its Venue Operation center which allows venues to access the consumable analytics packages provided by its hardware solution.
This is a part-time opportunity with 20 hr/week involvement.
What do you need
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development, with a focus on frontend technologies
- Proficiency in TypeScript and React
- 2-3 years of experience in Next.js
- Experience in Tailwind
- Proven experience working with Firebase, including authentication, user data management, and cloud functions
- Knowledge of geospatial data and experience with GeoJSON
- Familiarity with REST APIs and integrating with external services
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- At least an Upper-Intermediate level of English
Will be a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth technology and p2p networking
- Prior experience working on location-based services or apps
What you will do on a daily basis
- Collaborate with the developing team to design, develop, and maintain the VOC app, focusing on Full Stack development with TypeScript, Tailwind, and Next.js
- Work with the backend team to integrate Firebase for authentication, user data management, and cloud functions
- Utilize your knowledge of geospatial data (GeoJSON) to enhance the accuracy and usability of our location-based features
- Optimize the performance, scalability, and reliability of our app across various platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and address feedback, ensuring a continuous improvement process
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to ensure that the technology stack remains current and competitive
- Participate in code reviews and provide guidance to junior developers
- GT Interview
- Technical interview with the CTO