GSN Games is looking for a Technical Artist to join our fabulous team in Kyiv!
About the GSN SuperCasual Studio:
It’s an exciting time in our SuperCasual studio! We’re hard at work revamping one of our classic social casino games are we’re looking for talented people to help us realize our vision! We believe that play matters and that’s why we create genre-leading games that are fun, engaging, and rewarding. Joining GSN Games will give you a platform to work on incredible games while working alongside the best people in the business!
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the Art Director, you’ll work with the Tech, Creative, Product and Production teams to make our world-class games even more beautiful and aspirational. You will ensure all art assets are easily integrated into the game while maximizing performance. You’ll also:
- Work closely with and mentor 2D Artists and Animators
- Anticipate the needs of artists, then create user-friendly tools for use within Unity
- Lead the charge on technical issues that may arise from other programs when working within Unity
- Research and oversee the implementation of rendering techniques such as particle systems, shaders, plugins, scripts within Unity
- Be creative! Openly suggest more dynamic ways to do things, and back that up by trying. We want to learn from you!
- Evangelize your point of view. Give and seek open feedback. Evolve. Be comfortable educating your peers on how you make technical artistry happen
You’ll be collaborative, positive and enthusiastic in your approach to making the best quality casual social games. You’ll have excellent attention to detail and a thorough knowledge of Technical Artistry. You’ll also have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in Unity
- Solid written and spoken English skills
- Advanced Photoshop skills, particularly in modifying content
- Knowledge and understanding of file compression and optimization for various mobile platforms iOS, Android (Amazon, WebGL)
- The ability to expertly integrate materials received from Art Team (PSD, Spine, After Effects assets, etc,) into Unity
- An impeccable eye for detail
- Strong experience creating animations, visual effects within Unity, close cooperation with animators and tech artists in this field
- Eхperience in creating and modifying assets for various mobile platforms
- A solid understanding of shaders
- The ability to proactively identify technical constraints while conceptualizing, and executing solutions through new tools
- A mind for both artistic and technical workflows
- The ability to make decisions and execute on them to produce the best quality product quickly and efficiently
- The ability to effectively communicate to key stakeholders detailed information on the status of game production builds and specific deliverables
- Experience with 3D
- Experience in Adobe After Effects, Spine, Adobe Illustrator, Autodesk Maya or any other 3D tool a plus!